cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

10K psi grease gun

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having issues getting grease into the some of wet bolts of my trailer. I've tried the usual remedy of lifting the trailer to decrease weight off the axles with no results.

Before I try to remove the wet bolt for inspection/orientation I'd like to try a 10,000 psi grease gun and possibly a Lock N' Lube coupler. Can anyone suggest a quality grease gun?
14 REPLIES 14

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
dryfly wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
To the OP

Have the wet bolts ever taken grease?

If not then you need to remove them and find out what is wrong. When I did my wet bolts I found several bolts had not been properly drilled. Lippert replaced the bolts.

They have never taken grease. My plan has been to remove bolts as a last resort after trying several other solutions first. I will have to buy heavier jack stands if I go that route.

To those giving suggestions on grease guns, thanks.

I am almost sure you will find the bolts were not drilled correctly. If you do a search on wet bolts you will find the bolts that were not drilled properly is a common problem particularly with the Lippert bolts although I believe there are others as I suspect all of the bolts come from China.

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
To the OP

If not then you need to remove them and find out what is wrong. When I did my wet bolts I found several bolts had not been properly drilled. Lippert replaced the bolts.

They have never taken grease. My plan has been to remove bolts as a last resort after trying several other solutions first. I will have to buy heavier jack stands if I go that route.

To those giving suggestions on grease guns, thanks.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Change out the grease zerk, and drill out the bolt
one grease gun is as good as another, most all will do 10K psi
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
dryfly wrote:
So, as per my OP...........no suggestions for a quality brand of grease guns?

DeWalt makes a good cordless 10,000 PSI grease gun.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
JC Whitny used to sell a ram. it was basically device that snapped onto the ZERK fitting. you filled it with oil and wacked it with a hammer. I suspect 10,000 PSI was a medium tap wack it you might well hit 100,000 psi designed to blast the zerk clear Far as I know the company is still in business.

One example Google Found
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
So, as per my OP...........no suggestions for a quality brand of grease guns?

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is AVE. He's played with the Milwaukee and it's got yer 10,000 psi's of pure hot dog slicing, apple penetrating chooch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFId_NB6Ar8
And he's funny as he.ll....
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
if you've got room enough to tap with a hammer, try this, https://www.zerkzapper.com/the-zerk-zapper-tool/
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't waste your time with a different grease gun. I had 2 that were giving me problems and went the lol n lube and pneumatic grease gun and they still would not take grease. Pulled both of them, ensured that they would take grease and re-installed them in the correct orientation. All good now. Should have done that in the first place and saved myself some money and aggravation.

Rob
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
If you jacked right next to the spring hanger you are trying to grease and it didn't work, it is time to pull the bolt and see what is going on. That higher pressure gun will do little to help you. If you do the math, that tiny hole will deliver a psi number much smaller than you imagine.

I have suggested several times on here to cut a figure 8 inside the bushing to give the grease a path. Only feedback I got was criticism.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Deleted

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
Is this a new wet bolt kit or is it old? If it is old with old grease you might want to try a propane torch to heat the grease in the wet bolts.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
change the zert fitting. can you apply some heat.