Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: BEWARE Keystone Hideout
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> BEWARE Keystone Hideout

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Jayco25E

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

kellem wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

As soon as I read "Keystone", I knew it wasn't going be anything but bad.

The wife and I just recently spent a week in a really nice state park " Stonewall resort " with full hookups.

We were walking the dog around the campground and noted that every RV looked brand new and the place was completely dominated by Keystone and Forrest river units.

Sales volume opens the door for more publicity.....good or bad.
Keystone and Forest River are the two major players that control most of the market. They either buy the competition or put them out of business. People purchase on price not quality.

To bad the OP didn't join the forum before he had a problem. With all the RV sales this summer I bet you'll see a lot of similar post in the future. Record sales will have a even greater push to get them out the door to dealers. I'm sure that will improve the quality

You forgot one. Thor is the third big player that buys up RV companies. I used to love the Jayco brand until Thor bought them. And in my opinion Thor is the worst of the three if that is even possible.

2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/20 08:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco25E wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

kellem wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

As soon as I read "Keystone", I knew it wasn't going be anything but bad.

The wife and I just recently spent a week in a really nice state park " Stonewall resort " with full hookups.

We were walking the dog around the campground and noted that every RV looked brand new and the place was completely dominated by Keystone and Forrest river units.

Sales volume opens the door for more publicity.....good or bad.
Keystone and Forest River are the two major players that control most of the market. They either buy the competition or put them out of business. People purchase on price not quality.

To bad the OP didn't join the forum before he had a problem. With all the RV sales this summer I bet you'll see a lot of similar post in the future. Record sales will have a even greater push to get them out the door to dealers. I'm sure that will improve the quality

You forgot one. Thor is the third big player that buys up RV companies. I used to love the Jayco brand until Thor bought them. And in my opinion Thor is the worst of the three if that is even possible.
The parent company of Keystone is Thor.

lane hog

Tucson, AZ & NW Chicago Burbs, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/20 11:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was a three time Jayco owner, and now that Thor bought them, it's unrecognizable...

I've been happy with my 2019 Grand Design, even knowing that the founders came out of Keystone. But even there, I'm finding small issues that you'd think would have been picked up at the factory. Anything made in the last six months I'd be really leery of because of how the factories were working overtime to catch up from their shutdowns...

• 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

bpounds

Sophmore Brain...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Industry-wide quality issues aside...

This individual has one post to his name, and obviously only joined this forum to lodge his complaint. Probably hoping to stick another spear in the side of they who wronged him.

At some point in ownership, you have to just suck it up and become an owner. Warranty is over. Deal with it.

Our own rig is nearing 10 years old. Approaching the manufacturer for repair assistance would not even occur to me. It belongs to me, has for a long time, and maintenance and repair are all on me too. Get over all the victimhood stuff and grow up.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpounds wrote:

Industry-wide quality issues aside...

This individual has one post to his name, and obviously only joined this forum to lodge his complaint. Probably hoping to stick another spear in the side of they who wronged him.

At some point in ownership, you have to just suck it up and become an owner. Warranty is over. Deal with it.

Our own rig is nearing 10 years old. Approaching the manufacturer for repair assistance would not even occur to me. It belongs to me, has for a long time, and maintenance and repair are all on me too. Get over all the victimhood stuff and grow up.

When my frame self destructed I contacted the manufacture.
I don't think a failed frame was part of the original bargain

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

bpounds

Sophmore Brain...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

I don't know what your time frame was, but I would still ask, why not? Is there something about a frame weldment that you think should have an indefinite warranty? Is a frame something that is impossible for a user to damage even if built properly?

I know some have had luck getting Keystone or Lippert to help with frame repairs, outside the warranty period, but within the first few years. Lucky for them. Doubtful that would happen 8 years out, but sometimes they do surprise us with good will. And we know good will really means bad press avoidance.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpounds wrote:

Lantley wrote:

I don't know what your time frame was, but I would still ask, why not? Is there something about a frame weldment that you think should have an indefinite warranty? Is a frame something that is impossible for a user to damage even if built properly?

I know some have had luck getting Keystone or Lippert to help with frame repairs, outside the warranty period, but within the first few years. Lucky for them. Doubtful that would happen 8 years out, but sometimes they do surprise us with good will. And we know good will really means bad press avoidance.

In my case my insurance adjuster felt my frame was defective.
Lippert came out and knew what the problem was. My entire bedroom was removed and more steel structure added to the frame. However in the end I had to pay for it! Go Figure... paying to add steel that should have been there from the start was not part of the bargain

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> BEWARE Keystone Hideout
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.