cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 months in florida or south ga

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
For the first time we will be able to spend 2 months in florida or south ga for the winter. just looking for some recommendations. no need to be right on the water. would like a pool. we have a 40ft 5th wheel. thanks
7 REPLIES 7

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
machunt wrote:
For the first time we will be able to spend 2 months in florida or south ga for the winter. just looking for some recommendations. no need to be right on the water. would like a pool. we have a 40ft 5th wheel. thanks

Too bad , {something something something...snip snip snip}

MOD'S EDIT:
Forum Rules wrote:
You may not use the Open Roads Forum for "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts. Solicitations by private/public agencies, or individuals for any cause are also not allowed.
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
For the warmer temps you have to be below Tampa/Orlando. Above that you can see temps in the upper 30's sometimes worse depending on how aggressive a cold front is. We have stayed at Rock Crusher Canyon and it's very nice with a nice pool and club house and it has spacious sites. Crystal River is a nice little town that basically revolves around fishing and the Manatees.
I've also been in south Georgia when the temps have been mid 20's in January.

I am not sure the Canadians will be coming down to FL this year so you might try calling a few resorts and inquire about openings. Be prepared to pay big bucks.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Do not delay in making reservations! The good parks will be booked.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
Coastal Georgia RV resort in Brunswick is a nice place. Close to Jekyll Island, and small town activities etc.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you mean soon then you probably will have problems going south of Orlando, most of those may already be booked. North of Orlamdo/I-4 is workable. There are many RV parks in the Ocala National Forest east of Ocala. That is close to some excellent springs: Alexander, Juniper and Salt Springs. Do a goofle search for "ocala national forest rv" and I think you'll find plenty.

I've driven past this place but never have stayed there is Rock Crusher Canyon resort But there have been many positive comments on it here. There is a big resort RV camp in Williston.

If you want actual beach access then forget the west coast of Florida north of Tampa until you get well into the panhandle.

Now this is just based on passing thru the area but south GA is mainly taken up by the Okefenokee Swamp so RV camps may be limited or in swampy areas. Unless you get near the southeast corner near the ocean maybe.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Search for snowbird and read for days; months. In general to make use of the pool you need to be south of the Orlando latitude in the winter unless you like 60 degree weather.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Two winter months in either FL or south GA, rather than Cincinnati? My tongue-in-cheek recommendation would be ANYWHERE!

Seriously, way too many places to even begin mentioning. I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses, however.

Regardless, enjoy your non-Cincinnati winter!! :C
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress