Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Duracell Golf Cart Batteries GC 2
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Duracell Golf Cart Batteries GC 2

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/20 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2001 National Tradewinds and have been using GC 2 Duracell batteries for years. My current ones are 4 years old and I'm thinking of replacing them. When I pulled them up on line at Sam's club The ratings were like 2. What 6 volt batteries are you all using, I need 4. There is no Sam's Club in Saint George Utah.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/20 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's a Costco there. $99 6V GC batteries.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/20 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased them at Sam's. These are my second set and I'm satisfied with them. We are full timers so they do get a good workout. I also run them in my golf cart. Good batteries exp. for the price....Dennis

A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Eleven Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/20 04:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SGTJOE wrote:

I have a 2001 National Tradewinds and have been using GC 2 Duracell batteries for years. My current ones are 4 years old and I'm thinking of replacing them. When I pulled them up on line at Sam's club The ratings were like 2. What 6 volt batteries are you all using, I need 4. There is no Sam's Club in Saint George Utah.

There was a height difference in the more expensive ones which is what I use and 235 amp hour rating. Batteries plus Bulbs sells them, order online & pick up at store with 10% discount.

Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 05:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interstate and Deka both make GC-2's as well. Alas mine are about to go bad but for other reasons. (Scrapping RV, hit and run driver totaled it so once I get to SC for the winter I hand it over to the insurance company and move out of the RV life...... Been thinking about that for a while.. Hoped for a few more years. but.. Now's the time it seems.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/20 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There have been recent posts on here about Costco batteries being rated poorly also. One would think whether you bought the interstates from Sam's or Costco they would be the same. My Sam's Club batteries are 13 years old and still in use. I don't know if interstate changed the build process, used different plates, less lead or what. I know the Costco 12v starting batteries I bought have not lasted long.

tarnold

georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NAPA gold

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Interstate and Deka both make GC-2's as well. Alas mine are about to go bad but for other reasons. (Scrapping RV, hit and run driver totaled it so once I get to SC for the winter I hand it over to the insurance company and move out of the RV life...... Been thinking about that for a while.. Hoped for a few more years. but.. Now's the time it seems.

Hi wa8yxm,

How awful for you. Are you ok from the hit and run?

It is good you have an exit strategy in place.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

There have been recent posts on here about Costco batteries being rated poorly also. One would think whether you bought the interstates from Sam's or Costco they would be the same. My Sam's Club batteries are 13 years old and still in use. I don't know if interstate changed the build process, used different plates, less lead or what.

Interstate does not MANUFACTURE any batteries. They put their name on batteries manufactured by other companies.

If you browse their web site, you will see they sell 4 different GC2 batteries. The have different amp-hour ratings and different weights (more lead is better).

13 years is amazing life time for a flooded lead acid battery. You obviously did a good job on the maintenance. I have not heard of anyone having an issue with Interstate GC2 batteries purchased at Costco.

(Not sure about 13 years ago, but the Duracell batteries sold at Sam's Club today are manufactured by East Penn. They sell under many brand name including Deka.)

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/20 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theoldwizard1 wrote:

Gjac wrote:

There have been recent posts on here about Costco batteries being rated poorly also. One would think whether you bought the interstates from Sam's or Costco they would be the same. My Sam's Club batteries are 13 years old and still in use. I don't know if interstate changed the build process, used different plates, less lead or what.

Interstate does not MANUFACTURE any batteries. They put their name on batteries manufactured by other companies.

If you browse their web site, you will see they sell 4 different GC2 batteries. The have different amp-hour ratings and different weights (more lead is better).

13 years is amazing life time for a flooded lead acid battery. You obviously did a good job on the maintenance. I have not heard of anyone having an issue with Interstate GC2 batteries purchased at Costco.

(Not sure about 13 years ago, but the Duracell batteries sold at Sam's Club today are manufactured by East Penn. They sell under many brand name including Deka.)
https://forums.trailerlife.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30116981/gotomsg/30117293.cfm#30117293 Here is one thread. There have been several others. I wanted to replace mine eventually and am a Costco member. Hhttps://forums.trailerlife.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30116981/gotomsg/30117293.cfm#30117293ere is another. Just makes you wonder what has changed in the Mfg process in recent years.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Duracell Golf Cart Batteries GC 2
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.