cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duracell Golf Cart Batteries GC 2

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2001 National Tradewinds and have been using GC 2 Duracell batteries for years. My current ones are 4 years old and I'm thinking of replacing them. When I pulled them up on line at Sam's club The ratings were like 2. What 6 volt batteries are you all using, I need 4. There is no Sam's Club in Saint George Utah.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am
19 REPLIES 19

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
How long ago did you buy these batteries? The cheapest GC batteries I see on there web site was $189 apiece.

When I go to the Batteries Plus website, I see three different Duracell 6-volt GC2 batteries, for $119.99 (215 AH), $129.99 (230 AH), and $149.99 (235 AH). (It thinks I'm in Denver, in case that matters on pricing.)

I paid about $100 each for six Duracell 230 AH batteries from Batteries Plus in Phoenix 2-1/2 years ago. I ordered them over the internet and got a 10% discount for doing so, and picked them up in person. Those batteries would be $117 if I bought them today.

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
Dog Trainer wrote:
I have four of the Duracell batteries in my golf cart I mean 8 they have served me very well and cost was under $100 each I bought them from Batteries Plus as I said I am fine with them and I use my golf cart batteries much harder than the motorhome batteries when I am ready to change my motorhome batteries I will replace my two 12 volts with two of the duracell's good luck maybe Batteries Plus is in the Utah area
How long ago did you buy these batteries? The cheapest GC batteries I see on there web site was $189 apiece.

I bought them 1.5 years ago. I bought them in Gainesville Fl. at Batteries Plus they brought them 18 miles to me, installed them and took the old batteries away. The bring to and haul away cost me $50.00
sorry for the delay in responding.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
Interstate and Deka both make GC-2's as well. Alas mine are about to go bad but for other reasons. (Scrapping RV, hit and run driver totaled it so once I get to SC for the winter I hand it over to the insurance company and move out of the RV life...... Been thinking about that for a while.. Hoped for a few more years. but.. Now's the time it seems.

Hi wa8yxm,

How awful for you. Are you ok from the hit and run?

It is good you have an exit strategy in place.

I was not hurt.. I was just getting into bed when a Truck clipped the bed room slide out. Damage to the Slide only. none to me.

The bad news is I hoped to have a few more years.

But the good news is I've been thinking about selling it and parking my bod for a while.. Just the final motivation

The other good news
The insuance will pay off the bank and it appears hand me a good size pile of let over change.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dog Trainer wrote:
I have four of the Duracell batteries in my golf cart I mean 8 they have served me very well and cost was under $100 each I bought them from Batteries Plus as I said I am fine with them and I use my golf cart batteries much harder than the motorhome batteries when I am ready to change my motorhome batteries I will replace my two 12 volts with two of the duracell's good luck maybe Batteries Plus is in the Utah area

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
I bought 8 Duracell GC2 AGM batteries at Sam's almost 3 yrs ago to replace my flooded batteries. Have had great service from them. Duracell are East Penn batteries rebadged.

East Penn sells batteries under several different brand names including Deka.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
SGTJOE wrote:
I have a 2001 National Tradewinds and have been using GC 2 Duracell batteries for years. My current ones are 4 years old and I'm thinking of replacing them. When I pulled them up on line at Sam's club The ratings were like 2. What 6 volt batteries are you all using, I need 4. There is no Sam's Club in Saint George Utah.
Are they losing capacity is that why you want replacements? Try equalizing first if you haven't already it may bring back the lost capacity. Also try desulfating if your charger has that function. You should be able to get more that 4 years out of those batteries.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Batteries Plus also has the 6V GC Batteries. They are labeled Duracell and have a couple different sizes which relates to Amp Hours.

I bought 2 a couple weeks back and seem to be great.

I think Costco and Sams are both Interstate. The bad reviews are on the Costco website that I have seen. I decided to go with Batteries plus due to the bad reviews. I also looked at an RV parts department that sold Interstate but wanted almost double the Costco price, he said they were completely different batteries. Not sure if that is true.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought 8 Duracell GC2 AGM batteries at Sam's almost 3 yrs ago to replace my flooded batteries. Have had great service from them. Duracell are East Penn batteries rebadged.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased 6 Napa 6 Volt 230 Ah batteries 8144 . they were $149. but if you order online and use a AAA card they are discounted 20 % then pickup at the store of your choice . They are made by East Penn. Wanted Interstate but they wouldn't budge off the $163. msrp.
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Gjac wrote:
There have been recent posts on here about Costco batteries being rated poorly also. One would think whether you bought the interstates from Sam's or Costco they would be the same. My Sam's Club batteries are 13 years old and still in use. I don't know if interstate changed the build process, used different plates, less lead or what.

Interstate does not MANUFACTURE any batteries. They put their name on batteries manufactured by other companies.

If you browse their web site, you will see they sell 4 different GC2 batteries. The have different amp-hour ratings and different weights (more lead is better).

13 years is amazing life time for a flooded lead acid battery. You obviously did a good job on the maintenance. I have not heard of anyone having an issue with Interstate GC2 batteries purchased at Costco.

(Not sure about 13 years ago, but the Duracell batteries sold at Sam's Club today are manufactured by East Penn. They sell under many brand name including Deka.)
https://forums.trailerlife.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30116981/gotomsg/30117293.cfm#30117293 Here is one thread. There have been several others. I wanted to replace mine eventually and am a Costco member. Hhttps://forums.trailerlife.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30116981/gotomsg/30117293.cfm#30117293ere is another. Just makes you wonder what has changed in the Mfg process in recent years.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
There have been recent posts on here about Costco batteries being rated poorly also. One would think whether you bought the interstates from Sam's or Costco they would be the same. My Sam's Club batteries are 13 years old and still in use. I don't know if interstate changed the build process, used different plates, less lead or what.

Interstate does not MANUFACTURE any batteries. They put their name on batteries manufactured by other companies.

If you browse their web site, you will see they sell 4 different GC2 batteries. The have different amp-hour ratings and different weights (more lead is better).

13 years is amazing life time for a flooded lead acid battery. You obviously did a good job on the maintenance. I have not heard of anyone having an issue with Interstate GC2 batteries purchased at Costco.

(Not sure about 13 years ago, but the Duracell batteries sold at Sam's Club today are manufactured by East Penn. They sell under many brand name including Deka.)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
wa8yxm wrote:
Interstate and Deka both make GC-2's as well. Alas mine are about to go bad but for other reasons. (Scrapping RV, hit and run driver totaled it so once I get to SC for the winter I hand it over to the insurance company and move out of the RV life...... Been thinking about that for a while.. Hoped for a few more years. but.. Now's the time it seems.

Hi wa8yxm,

How awful for you. Are you ok from the hit and run?

It is good you have an exit strategy in place.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
NAPA gold