Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Cracked frame Heartland/Lippert - Warranty but no help!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Cracked frame Heartland/Lippert - Warranty but no help!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
bedpan

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/20 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Doug,

I will see what my discussions tomorrow bring. Your suggestions are likely my backup if they do not come to task.

dougrainer wrote:

LCI DOES NOT build any RV's. They just supply a LOT of the components that are used in the build. LCI will stand by the Frame. It is just getting LCI and Heartland to get together and get it done for you. I will tell you, to get the best result, you HAVE to do this
1. Type up a letter with your PIC of the VIN sticker included and all pics of your problem. Your letter states what is wrong and you cannot get any help from Heartland or LCI
2. DO NOT GET NASTY (at this point)
3. Try to include all pertinent info in your letter. Include copies of your Sales agreement.
4. Send the same letter and pic copies to the President of Heartland and the President of LCI.
5. Send the same to Heartland Customer service referencing your copies to the Presidents.
6. Send them Certified----This IS important. You will have a record of them getting the letters
7. Just ask that they take care of your problem without you having to jump thru all sorts of hoops.
8. TRUST ME. This will get a response. Doug

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There IS a procedure for repairing frames at the spring hanger. Ask how I know.

Everybody's different but if it were me, I'd take the procedure to my local welding shop and get them to do it. Won't be more than a few hundred dollars. Yes, I know it's under warranty, but sometimes...

Lippert Frame repair procedure

bedpan

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/20 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Joe,

I posted a link to the same document a few pages back..

How was your cracks compared to mine? How are things holding up? You happy with it over all?

joebedford wrote:

There IS a procedure for repairing frames at the spring hanger. Ask how I know.

Everybody's different but if it were me, I'd take the procedure to my local welding shop and get them to do it. Won't be more than a few hundred dollars. Yes, I know it's under warranty, but sometimes...

Lippert Frame repair procedure

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/20 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey everyone. This is an interesting discussion and I appreciate how constructive the feedback has been so far.

Unfortunately there's one taboo angle to this topic and it's non-negotiable: Legal

Please refrain from any discussion of lawyers, lawsuits, or consumer agencies. Any further Legal discussion will result in the thread being deleted for good and without further warnings.

Forum Rules wrote:

Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.

bedpan

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks there Dedmiston. Legal advise was certainly not why I started the thread. It has been suggested but I have been pretty clear it was not my goal. I do appreciate everyone's advise though.

dedmiston wrote:

Hey everyone. This is an interesting discussion and I appreciate how constructive the feedback has been so far.

Unfortunately there's one taboo angle to this topic and it's non-negotiable: Legal

Please refrain from any discussion of lawyers, lawsuits, or consumer agencies. Any further Legal discussion will result in the thread being deleted for good and without further warnings.

Forum Rules wrote:

Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.

bedpan

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Further update for those interested..
I spoke with the dealer today. They seem to acknowledge that this is taking to long and that Heartland is not providing any help. They are scheduling a Welder they use to come have a look and provide some insight. They are planning on contacting Lippert once they have some direction from the welder.

I contact Lippert anyways.. Just the front line support. Turns out Heartland had not created a ticket with Lippert as I was told. Oh well. I provided all the details they needed and photos. The dealer needs to forward on a few more photos as they want photos of the VIN and photos of the 4 sides of the trailer. I am told 24 hours and they should be back to me...

Time will tell!

Cheers,

Mike

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That sounds like good progress. Well done.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please show images of the fix [emoticon]

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bedpan wrote:

Further update for those interested..

I am told 24 hours and they should be back to me...

Time will tell!

Cheers,

Mike

I’m likely only an hour or so west of you (near Lake Simcoe) feel free to reach out if you need a second opinion..

bedpan

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For sure.. I see a fair number of people looking for help on similiar issues. I will do my best to share the whole story including the repair.

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Please show images of the fix [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Cracked frame Heartland/Lippert - Warranty but no help!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.