cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-71 In KY 127 to Hartig Park -- GPS no go?????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
We wish to spend the night at Hartig Park in North KY near Cincinnati. However, my GPS will not allow me to get off I-71 at exit 62 and drive west on US 127.

Does anyone know if this road is closed??? or why?

Click For Full-Size Image.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
4 REPLIES 4

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Since you got me curious, we went to Hartig Park Monday. It is a neat place, with a beautiful overlook of the Ohio River. However, the road from route 42 to the park is about 6 miles of very narrow and winding rough pavement, followed by 3 miles of a very narrow gravel road with lots of deep potholes and several steep hills. No place to take a MH or anything bigger than a small trailer. The camp sites were very uneven, and mostly not easy to get to. Nice for a tent, but that's about it. We didn't use route 127, but the exit from I-71 to 127 had no problem, and also no warnings on the route 42 exit to 127.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
A gps will sometime trigger on an obstruction or no-go by proximity, not on the actual track. For example, mine doesn't like an area on US-90 in north Florida, claiming there's a low clearance, while the actual low clearance is on a road a few hundred yards over.

I suspect yours is seeing Old US-127 and triggering a no-go, while you actually will travel on US-127 right alongside. Or it could perhaps be a weight restriction.

I looked using Google Earth and didn't see any obstruction and also saw several heavy trucks and large campers along the way. Looks like you may be going through a huge, perhaps private, sand mine.
-jbh-

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
Is your GPS database up to date? The CoPilot navigation app on my iPad is our current GPS solution. It has no problem routing I-71 -> US-127 -> 1992 when configured for our 40' class A.

HTH,
Art
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Since I've never heard of Hartig Park and haven't been in that area for a few years, this may not help much. However, 127 is a North/South highway, and from I71 to the river is North. It merges with US 42 north of Warsaw. If you're coming north on 71, you could take exit 57 a few miles west and get on 42 north to the merge with 127. I've heard nothing about 127 exit being closed. Good luck.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid