cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV & Auto Parts Return Experience

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a gas tank from these folks. Arrived with a dent and bent flange. In original Dorman box but with one end taped rather than stapled - already returned by someone else?
Return policy for RV & Auto Parts:
15% restocking charge.
Customer pays return shipping.

Guess I'll live with a damaged gas tank, darn it, and never buy from these guys again.
Currently Between RVs
15 REPLIES 15

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like you hollered before you were hurt. They came through and you probably owe them an apology. Sometimes you just got to give 'em a chance.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Success! Yesterday RV & Auto sent me return instructions. UPS will pick up then they will authorize sending replacement.
Currently Between RVs

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got an email response from RV & Auto Parts yesterday. At their request I responded with pictures and a description of the damage. FWI, I think the problem is really their supplier in Texas. The tank was in the original Dorman box with no internal packaging material and the end flaps were taped over the original staples. The internal surfaces of the box were considerably damaged. Why do I suspect this item had already been returned by someone else?
Currently Between RVs

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the day, in heavy duty truck service, we could not install a fuel tank that came in damaged in shipment. It had to be replaced and the damaged tank cut up so it could not be used, and scrapped. It was a liability thing.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW they don't seem to have very good reviews for the most part. But they do show a telephone number. You really never know what kind of results you'll get until you discuss it with them.

We ordered a motorcycle rear trunk from an Ebay store. After we got it we discovered it was way too big for our use. Totally our fault. But we contacted the seller and even though he didn't have to, he paid for return shipping and refunded our entire purchase price. So you never know how it will shake out until you reach out to the seller.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
DougE wrote:
The UPS website is set up for returns to the shipper. In this case it was drop shipped and I don't have the identity of the shipper. Sent another email to the seller requesting that information.

Have you CALLED and talked with RV & Auto Parts representative?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

dedmiston
That 15% is charged when you change your mind, not when they send you a box of garbage.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
The UPS website is set up for returns to the shipper. In this case it was drop shipped and I don't have the identity of the shipper. Sent another email to the seller requesting that information.
Currently Between RVs

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Worst case, file a claim with your credit card. I wouldn't accept that kind of service- most places I've dealt with are very honorable in this regards. Too much at stake nowadays with Amazon after your dollars.
Please also leave a review on Google, yelp, anywhere, when it's all done so others can benefit/ learn.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If is was damaged in shipping, contact the carrier and file a damage claim. The carrier will pick it up and ship it back at no charge to you. You will need to notify RV and Auto Parts that it was damaged in shipping and being returned by the carrier and that you want it exchanged for a new and undamaged product. The carrier will reimburse the shipper for the damaged product.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you know in advance about the restocking fee? What did they say when you contacted them about the damage?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
DougE wrote:
Bought a gas tank from these folks. Arrived with a dent and bent flange. In original Dorman box but with one end taped rather than stapled - already returned by someone else?
Return policy for RV & Auto Parts:
15% restocking charge.
Customer pays return shipping.

Guess I'll live with a damaged gas tank, darn it, and never buy from these guys again.

GAS Tank......as in GASOLINE??

Dented/bent flange.......potential LEAK

Have you CALLED and DISCUSSED the damage WITH RV & Auto Parts?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Did you take pictures on your porch before touching?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Signature wasn't required, so just dumped on porch.
Currently Between RVs