Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Inverter installation question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Inverter installation question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

The op stated, he just bought a $400 Lifeline battery.
Yes lifeline AGM will fair better than the WM flooded battery.
I hope the charging system is getting to 14.4 volts when expected or this Lifeline might be a bit undercharged and reduced capacity.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

mattyj

Long Island.New York

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for all your input and help, I have decided ,no inverter, I’ll just make instant coffee or my wife can start the generator LOL

2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs and Stable Loads 2004 Lancelite 835 ,a/c ,electric jacks , conveince/all weather packages

tuna fisher

joshua tree ,ca.

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

mattyj, your question shows you know little about RV electrical. Get the basics by reading online. It will be time well spent. Not many seasoned RVers would even consider using single a group 27 battery.
I've been Rving for 50+ years, I currently have 1 grp27 battery and have for 20 years in my Lance truck camper and do just fine. I don't use a bunch of stuff but it powers my lights, pump, lap top and charges all my electronics. I stickily boondock and as long as my food holds out i'm good. I do have solar and a generator that I carry but never use as the solar takes care of everything.

2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!">

mbloof

Beaverton, OR

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mattyj wrote:

Thanks everyone for all your input and help, I have decided ,no inverter, I’ll just make instant coffee or my wife can start the generator LOL

While that is your choice, a VERY good cup of coffee can be made with the stove.

- Mark0.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tuna fisher wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

mattyj, your question shows you know little about RV electrical. Get the basics by reading online. It will be time well spent. Not many seasoned RVers would even consider using single a group 27 battery.
I've been Rving for 50+ years, I currently have 1 grp27 battery and have for 20 years in my Lance truck camper and do just fine. I don't use a bunch of stuff but it powers my lights, pump, lap top and charges all my electronics. I stickily boondock and as long as my food holds out i'm good. I do have solar and a generator that I carry but never use as the solar takes care of everything.

LOL//Yup..After over 50 years of rving,I guess were not seasoned enough...Laffin

A bunch of the older truck campers only came with one battery..No room for two conventionally in the space provided..We get by from using things like, Catalytic heat that uses no battery at all or portable hand chargers for our phones and laptops if we even took them..

Heck,I never weighed any RV until I read about it on the internet,now it's fun with a grain scale a block away..Never worried about batteries either,I have ran them until the TV screen started shrinking then recharged them..Never noticed any degradation replacing them every 5 years or so and they cost less than $100..

The old way was boring but inexpensive,this new internet way is fun but expensive...

That's my inexperienced take on it...

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Matty, forget the inverter and get a different coffee pot. I use a Melitta Drip coffee maker. Boil the water on the stove and pour over the grinds, like a manual version of a Mr Coffee. If you get the thermal carafe, the coffee stays hot all day. Uses ZERO electric, stove only.

Actually we upgraded from the glass to the thermal when we had the TT, I'll give you our old glass one for free if you want to try it. PM me.

2015 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab Long Box, Cummins diesel
2002 Lance 811 Slide-In Camper
SOLD: 2008 Terry 34' TT
SOLD: 2001 K2500LT 8.1L Suburban

Lance 811 Renovation Story!
Project Complete!
Maiden Voyage!

mattyj

Long Island.New York

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

Hey Matty, forget the inverter and get a different coffee pot. I use a Melitta Drip coffee maker. Boil the water on the stove and pour over the grinds, like a manual version of a Mr Coffee. If you get the thermal carafe, the coffee stays hot all day. Uses ZERO electric, stove only.

Actually we upgraded from the glass to the thermal when we had the TT, I'll give you our old glass one for free if you want to try it. PM me.
Thanks for the offer but instead Ill take your advice onthe manual Mr Coffee Thanks

mattyj

Long Island.New York

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

Thanks for the offer but instead Ill take your advice onthe manual Mr Coffee Thanks

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pour over its pretty good,that's what I used this last trip but for me,it just isn't the same as from a coffee maker..I just ordered a Mr Coffee 4 cup coffee maker...I love my coffee..lol...

Let's is know how you l like the Mr Coffee our over..

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/20 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Pour over its pretty good,that's what I used this last trip but for me,it just isn't the same as from a coffee maker...

I disagree, I think the Melitta pour-over makes better coffee than the plug-in. The key is not to boil the water, if the water is too hot it makes the coffee bitter.

I agree that the plug-in is more consistent for that reason.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Inverter installation question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.