cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer flooded

Ruyack
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to travel trailers. Mine got delivered yesterday. Today the carpet under the dinette and sofa are flooded but I can't tell where the water is coming from.

My landlord hooked it up to city water yesterday and left the hose running. I am staying in the camper. Is it possible my fresh water tank overflowed? If so, what should I do?
20 REPLIES 20

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^You realize youโ€™re responding over a month later to a first time caller who hung up and never called back, right?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

pbohart
Explorer
Explorer
I had this happen to my RV. I will bet you money it is the rubber seals on your slide-outs that are leaking due to rain entering the RV.

This was my case. In my case, the RV repair shop told me that the fact that the water was mostly contained within the slide-out (carpet/couch) was the key data that led them to conclude it was the slide out seal.

They replaced the seal and it has been dry as a bone ever since.
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Diesel
2012 Jayco Eagle Super-Light 314BDS

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
For future reference, make sure you have a pressure regulator. Preferably connect it between the supply faucet and the hose. Be sure youโ€™re not connecting it to the black tank flush. If you do by mistake you should be able to hear the water spraying in the tank.
Good luck!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Oh good lord, this thread is the hapless trying to help the helpless....
1. Yall don't know that it came from a dealer or if it did, whether it's new enough to have warranty.
2. Just because a camper gets wet doesn't mean it's totaled, or anywhere near that. It "could" be depending on the damage, but for fck sakes, do you tear down you house if a sink leaks? You're like internet vultures waiting to tell someone their life is ruined....get a life.
3. OP. If you want assistance, you have to not be cryptic. Define carpet flooded. Wet? Water running out of it? Water running out the bottom of the camper?
4. If you think it's the water supply, shut it off. Do you even know where the tank(s) are? If the tank is under the floor (likely) then it cant flood the carpet above it. I can also almost guarantee it's NOT in the slideout.
5. Is there even plumbing in the slideout? Based on dinette/sofa, guessing it's not a kitchen or bath slide-out. Is it?
6. Yes, soak up, shop vac the water out and turn a fan on. AFTER you determine if it's an active leak.
7. What on earth does a landlord have to do with a camper and why would that person set it up? Just curious, not necessarily related to the water issue.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
tell the dealer to come pickup their problem.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
And use a dehumidifier in there for a week or so and a fan. Not fun. But ultimately you need to find qhat was leaking. So before you clean it, hook up the water hose again and turn it on. Look to see if its leaking. If it isnt, then take the hose and spray the slide. Now check if thats leaking. Then roof etc. Cleaning a leak is good only after you know where its coming from and fix it.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
If you can dry it out quick you might can save the floor from rot. I have seen plenty of wet floors get dried out and be fine. Look at the housing construction industry at how they get rained on while framing the house, the floor and studs all get wet, but if they dry they will not rot. This is a lot to ask, however, when you have carpet and vinyl flooring covering the wet and many things bolted to the wood, and the water likely soaked up the walls...
Everything has to be taken off the wood for it to dry.
Do mold prevention treatments.
With carpet, maybe you can use a good wet vac and pull the water out and blow hot air to dry it, maybe.
If you had to try to save it I would try that first, but if it is a warranty issue then send it back quick.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Rent a water vaccum for the time being and get water out of carpet.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call a mobil tech in your area,you need help now ,

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
The subfloor in the slideout will be SOAKED and most likely will turn SOFT
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd tell them to bring a big truck....and haul that POS back to their lot.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
If you suspect slide I'd get the opposing side of trailer higher.....promptly.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, you need to get rid of as much water as possible! You should have mentioned the pouring rain in first post. ๐Ÿ™‚ It is likely a leak from slide seals, or a window. You may get wet, but someone needs to find the leak, and correct it before Monday, if the rain continues.

The carpet and pad should be removed, if soaking wet, or the floor underneath will be ruined.

Is your trailer parked level? If the slide is sloped toward the camper, rather than away from it, could be the problem. Sounds like you could really use a helper!

Jerry

Ruyack
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it has been pouring rain all day and the camper is only flooded in the slide out. I called the dealer. They said it might be the slide seals, but there is nothing they can do until Monday. I hope my floors aren't ruined under the carpet!

Would it help if I use a wet vac to dry to dry the carpet?