cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Camper Northern Lite 811

greynomad
Explorer
Explorer
I've been pulling an Arctic Fox 5th wheel for the last 7 years from one Wildlife Refuge to another and does it get old. Finally decide to park it at a Good Sam 55 + RV site in Arizona.

Looked at truck campers, read the latest data, searched the web and finally decided that for the dollar the Northern Lite 811 would be the best bang for the buck. Also had ordered brochure that rated truck campers and again it was Northern Lite, then Lance and finally Arctic Fox.

I have a 2013 Ford Crew Cab DSL short bed with a 50 gallon tank under neath, air bags and helper springs.

Really looking forward to the camper as it free's up the problem of finding a site for the 5th wheel.:C
8 REPLIES 8

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to the TC world. NL is a good choice. You will enjoy the freedom of traveling with a TC!
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
That is one of the things DW and I love about the TC, we fit just about anyplace. In some campgrounds they will even let you take a tent site since you don't need much room. Caveat about the tent site is they ask not to run a generator which isn't a problem for me.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't know who or why it was moved to 5th Wheels from Truck Campers but it belongs in the Truck Camper forum. I am going to move it back.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
We went many years with our truck camper before switching to the 5th wheel. Lots of advantages to each. I miss being able to tow my boat on every trip with the truck camper. We had an Eagle Cap that was a very fine camper at the time.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
This thread was listed under truck campers and is about truck campers. Why the move? I was following it under truck campers.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
"This camper (811) will fit 3/4 ton and larger short bed (6.6') pick up trucks." https://northern-lite.com/short-bed-truck-campers/
{?why is this post moved/listed under 5th wheels}
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

handsome51
Explorer
Explorer
I think you need a truck with a 8ft bed.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like a great fit for you. Enjoy it!