cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Christmas where???

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well the DW has gone & done it again. The other day she said she'd like to go out of town over Christmas versus spending time with the families. We normally spend a day with her sister & family (an hour and a half away) (and an extremely loooong day) and then next day with my brother and his (half hour).
I couldn't agree more! However from St. Louis to Florida, even the panhandle is a lot longer than 1-1/2 hours. Beside almost all state parks are full at that time. We prefer state, COE, national & even some municipal parks over private parks, but they would work for night over.
Any ideas? Texas, Louisana or Missisippi are not out of the question and ocean side is not required, just warm with interesting things to do & see. Probably be gone 2-3 weeks. Or until the season is over.

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
17 REPLIES 17

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
One year we camped at Catalina SP outside of Tucson between Christmas and New Years. I would also think the weather in and around the Phoenix area up toward Sedona would also be nice.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide on Texas, we stayed at Hickory Creek Campground which is near Ft Worth. It is right on the lake with water and electric. We had a sight right on the water. With the senior pass it was $19 a night. It's an Army Corps of Engineer Campground.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
About 5 years ago, we stayed at Huntington beach State park in South Carolina. It is a nice campground with some full hookups, the rest water and electric. It's a short walk to the beach and they have great nature programs even had one on Christmas Day. Back then we paid $18 a night for water and electric.I'm sure it went up since then. Weather was 80 the first day,then dropped to 60's.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
stickdog, where/what is ACE in Texas? Is that an acronym for something I should know?
And as far as the keys go. A bit further than we'd like, but that's fine as all the state parks there about are basically booked for the month. Now looking at the Jacksonville area (Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park) or there abouts.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with a previous poster with the border closed your options are greatly expanded. Several years ago we visited family in St Augustine for Christmas but then went west on I10 and just meandered along seeing the sights state parks along the way. Do need to check reservations vrs walk ins. We stayed in ACE in Texas always good views and senior discounts.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
time2roll wrote:
55 Best Christmas Towns in the USA

Not that I have been to any of these for the holiday.

Hmmm, no Bethlehem, PA, the Christmas City.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn, another 4-letter word not in my vocabulary. Heck, bears have hair all over their bodies and they still hibernate in the winter!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobsallyh wrote:
That 24 hours of Christmas Day comes and goes without snow very, very well. Bar-B-Ques, etc. outside on the patio, just wonderful. I reluctantly subscribed to the "need snow" for awhile, but then I fought brain fade off and the light came on!
Very true, after having snow every Christmas of the 1st half of my life, I'm Very happy to Not see it for the 2nd half. ๐Ÿ™‚
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
STAY HOME!

Tell everyone you are going to be gone on vacation!

Have a great time, Barbecue, Grill, Go out to Dinner, Drink everything you want!

Order Pizza everyday :B

Do not answer the phone and enjoy yourself!

Family and relatives have a place and a time.....:E

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
That 24 hours of Christmas Day comes and goes without snow very, very well. Bar-B-Ques, etc. outside on the patio, just wonderful. I reluctantly subscribed to the "need snow" for awhile, but then I fought brain fade off and the light came on!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
Fl Keys, great place for the winter time.

As much as I love snow.....and love to snowmobile in the winter. I would love to winter (Christmas) in the keys!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Go north or higher elevation. If you arent with family it aint really xmas without the snow.
(but i like corvettekent's idea too)

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check out NE Texas. Wright Patman Lake or lakes in that area for milder weather that St. Louis.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS