cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Splendide 7100xc Module Board?

Birdie4961
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 2008 Class A Cross Country motorhome, with very low miles, last year.
We had the chance to use the Splendide 7100XC washer/dryer combo a few weeks ago. The washer works beautifully! The dryer does not! When in dry mode, the drum rotates for 3-5 minutes, then stops. The blower works, the heater works, the fan works. Weโ€™ve pulled the unit out and ran diagnostics. The only issue weโ€™ve found is there is an issue with the module board. Itโ€™s been throwing an F18 code. Iโ€™ve done all of the interior cleaning steps, removed and cleaned the drain pump assembly. What else can we try? Also, the only place I can find a module board is through dyers online...
8 REPLIES 8

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mchero wrote:
docj wrote:
Birdie4961 wrote:
I have contacted Westland Sales. Its not the module board (thankfully). Instead it is the fan motor. Easy fix! I honestly love when the clothes come out a little damp, when the dryer was working!! A little shake and fluff, the clothes indeed were dry!

We've had an unvented Splendide for ~10 years and last year replaced our old one when the bearings went bad. The new one dries better than the old one did.

If the clothes aren't quite dry enough when the dry cycle ends, just start them again for another half hour or so. They will be totally dry by then. We can easily wash and dry a whole load of towels or a queen-size sheet set.

IMHO many of the folks who complain about the unvented Splendide don't pay attention to the instructions which state that the unit can wash ~15 lbs of clothes but can only dry ~11 lbs effectively. If you overload it, things will take forever to dry. We usually take a few things out to "line dry" which reduces the load so the dryer works well.

Many of the folks that complain are actual Splendide employees! Their is a reason for this! One being that the non vented units require allot of water.
I'd say their is a BIG problem with the non-vented combo's when Splendide employees, some who are up high on the ladder discourage people from using them!

HOW do you know such nonsense??????? State how you know this. Doug

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
docj wrote:
Birdie4961 wrote:
I have contacted Westland Sales. Its not the module board (thankfully). Instead it is the fan motor. Easy fix! I honestly love when the clothes come out a little damp, when the dryer was working!! A little shake and fluff, the clothes indeed were dry!

We've had an unvented Splendide for ~10 years and last year replaced our old one when the bearings went bad. The new one dries better than the old one did.

If the clothes aren't quite dry enough when the dry cycle ends, just start them again for another half hour or so. They will be totally dry by then. We can easily wash and dry a whole load of towels or a queen-size sheet set.

IMHO many of the folks who complain about the unvented Splendide don't pay attention to the instructions which state that the unit can wash ~15 lbs of clothes but can only dry ~11 lbs effectively. If you overload it, things will take forever to dry. We usually take a few things out to "line dry" which reduces the load so the dryer works well.

Many of the folks that complain are actual Splendide employees! Their is a reason for this! One being that the non vented units require allot of water.
I'd say their is a BIG problem with the non-vented combo's when Splendide employees, some who are up high on the ladder discourage people from using them!
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Birdie4961 wrote:

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Birdie4961
Explorer
Explorer

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Call Splendide toll free 1-800-356-0766 #5, they walked me through trouble shooting & sent the part to me with directions on installing.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
bdpreece wrote:
Call Westland Sales (503) 722-9202 they are the factory sales and service for Splendide. Great people and they will assist you in troubleshooting your unit. They also will sell you the parts you need, Not a fan of the non vented model but if you elect to repair it these are the people to talk to.

X2!.....However, if it's a non-vent combo, it's pretty much worthless as mentioned above. I doubt you will ever be happy. The vented units are great!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Call Westland Sales (503) 722-9202 they are the factory sales and service for Splendide. Great people and they will assist you in troubleshooting your unit. They also will sell you the parts you need, Not a fan of the non vented model but if you elect to repair it these are the people to talk to.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You just joined. STOP and do not spend any money on the Combo Splendide. Most OEM's and dealers do NOT install that model Combo. The reason is simple. This model has no exterior exhaust vent for the DRY function. Because of that, the clothes will never get DRY. They will always be noticeably moist. We refused to install them years ago after having to remove and give customers money back, same with most OEM's due to this complaint. You are looking at a 12 year old appliance. IF you have room replace with a VENTED Combo Splendide. If you have extra room install a stackable washer dryer combo. Doug