cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide out seal lube

Family-of-five
Explorer
Explorer
My new camper has the long leaf seals unlike my last one which has a square seal. I watch the leaf seals fold under and I wonder if I should use the spray lube on them?
7 REPLIES 7

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Guy Roan wrote:
MFL wrote:
The 303 is a great protector for UV, but I like to use a conditioner that keeps the seals and especially the wipers soft and pliable. In my experience, it helps keep the wipers folding in/out better, especially the one on top of slide.

I think it is a Camco product...slide seal/wiper conditioner. Sprays on like a foam, and I just rub it in with an old sock.

Jerry

That is what I use too, but I don't think mine is Camco.

I use 303 on lots of rubber items, but this is specifically made for slides so I have stayed with it.

Guy

I always said "if I ever made a mistake, I'd be the first to admit it". ๐Ÿ˜› It is Thetford brand.

Jerry

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
The 303 is a great protector for UV, but I like to use a conditioner that keeps the seals and especially the wipers soft and pliable. In my experience, it helps keep the wipers folding in/out better, especially the one on top of slide.

I think it is a Camco product...slide seal/wiper conditioner. Sprays on like a foam, and I just rub it in with an old sock.

Jerry

That is what I use too, but I don't think mine is Camco.

I use 303 on lots of rubber items, but this is specifically made for slides so I have stayed with it.

Guy

Family-of-five
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a can of 3 in one rv rubber seal conditioner. Im going to give it a try next time I have it opened up

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Jerry

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Aerospace 303. Have used it on our last 5 campers.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
+1 for 303. I use it on anything rubber.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Been using 303 UV protectant on slide seals for years with very good results.