cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windshield replacement

Fredo1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used 2005 Trail-lite class A motorhome few years ago. The decal on the side of the coach shows Holiday Rambler but all the documents I have tell R-Vision model 321.
The windshield on the driver side needs to be changed as a crack developed from a rock chip which may not have been fixed properly by the previous owner. The crack is now one foot long.
The vehicle has been with Go Glass for a month now and I got a call from the company telling me that they do not find the windshield reference (They have the VIN). They called Holiday Rambler and got several references and do not know which one to order and ship to Canada.
I also emailed coachglass.com as they mention on their page that they have windshield for R-Vision Trail-Lite. I do not live very far from the US board and can drive to have the windshield fixed (once the border open). However, I did not get any answer from them either.

So I was expecting the members of this forum to provide some feedback how to find a windshield reference for this motorhome model.
6 REPLIES 6

dieterrv
Explorer
Explorer
Try Custom Glass solutions. 1-855-362-2784. they were fast and they work with INssurance & Duncan. Also if U R FMCA member you get you're dues paid for one year. They probably have you're glass in stock. Had My 2002 in stock. 3 months ago.
Good Luck

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
I chipped the windshield last month, and before I could get it repaired, it spread into a two-foot crack. Okay, Progressive referred me to Duncan Systems (Lippert) who is in charge of their glass program as third-party administrators. I sent photos today, and have been told it will be 4-6 weeks to get the repair guy here. **sigh**. Co-pay $180. Heck of a way to get a clean windshield!
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

Fredo1
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that posting to this forum have helped. Got a call today that the windshield will be ordered and available in a week.
Just for reference, the cost is CAD 2,450+tx (USD1,800)

Thanks for all the answers!

Fredo1
Explorer
Explorer
I checked on the windshield this morning and this is what is shown on both sides (Passenger and driver):
VIRACON Laminated
AS1 M-103 DOT 129

I have no clue why this is not enough for Go Glass to source the windshield.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
If Go Glass has not located a replacement windshield in 30 days, it might be time to find a different glass company.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Somewhere on the windshield there will be numbers identifying the specific glass part number. I used RV Glass Solutions Click Here
They came to me and installed a new windshield in about 1 hour. Great service.