cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ladders

GMH
Explorer
Explorer
My 5vr has no ladder on it and I would like to be able to at least clean the slides off before retracting them. what do you guys without ladders do?
thanks, Greg.
11 REPLIES 11

GMH
Explorer
Explorer
I like that GP Logistics one...but. I bought a used 26 ft extension ladder and modified it. I separated the halves and cut one of them into two sections that will fit in my box. I used a piece of tubing to make two channels for connecting the sections. I am only about 170ish and it feels very sturdy. It is 12โ€™8โ€ overall. I will keep the remaining 14โ€™ section For around the house and sell my 18โ€™ extension ladder.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I use a werner 13 foot folding ladder I bought on sale at Lowe's or Home Depot on sale for $79. A few years ago. I either carry it in the truck bed or laying on edge secured and padded with a shipping blanket in the main trailer aisle so it doesn't move around or damage anything.

I also bought a set of Werner ladder pads I can slip over one end to protect anything I need to lean the ladder against.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sjm9911 wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/GP-Logistics-SLDD7-Compact-Folding/dp/B009IJUL4O/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=folding+ladder&qid=1598925150&sr=8-13
This , it fits in a plastic fence post thats attached to the rear bumper. Its not the greatest, i would not stand on it for hours but it works for TT.

I have one of these and it's great. Stable, and folds into about 4"ร—6" for storage.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
fj12ryder wrote:
Those OEM ladders would be okay in an emergency, but I don't trust them for regular usage.

I always wondered why they don't run a couple struts down at an angle to meet up with the connection at the trailer. That would put the connection largely in shear rather than bending.

A 90 degree connection is horribly weak and you see it when the ladders flex even with fairly small people climbing them.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.amazon.com/GP-Logistics-SLDD7-Compact-Folding/dp/B009IJUL4O/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=folding+ladder&qid=1598925150&sr=8-13
This , it fits in a plastic fence post thats attached to the rear bumper. Its not the greatest, i would not stand on it for hours but it works for TT.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Slide toppers removes the need to clean the top of the slides. I took mine off for traveling and don't miss it. I use a regular ladder at home. Those OEM ladders would be okay in an emergency, but I don't trust them for regular usage.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

NOBLNG
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
A step ladder works well and stays away from the trailer, be careful with a ladder that leans against the side or roof line, you can damage things so look it over before deciding on the best one for you.

Thanks, but the problem is I have nowhere to carry one. The truck box is only 82โ€ long and I have no room in the basement storeage area. I want to bring it along so I can clean the slides before heading home.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
GMH wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
I use a collapsible ladder, many types available.

I have been looking at them on amazon. Mostly good reviews, but some very bad ones. I am tempted to cut down my extension ladder to fit in the 82โ€ box of my F-250, since I can easily borrow one from a neighbour if needed.

A step ladder works well and stays away from the trailer, be careful with a ladder that leans against the side or roof line, you can damage things so look it over before deciding on the best one for you.

GMH
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

I have been looking at them on amazon. Mostly good reviews, but some very bad ones. I am tempted to cut down my extension ladder to fit in the 82โ€ box of my F-250, since I can easily borrow one from a neighbour if needed.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Not a Fifth wheel and we have awnings or toppers, still dirt etc gets on the slide room tops.A step ladder and either the long arm squeegie or the wash brush and old small wet towels a from each end after using a hose on them with the front jacks up a bit higher than the rear. I've contemplated buying a broom handle or something else as long as I can find and using a piece of hose to join it to the long handled wash brush, Or main slide without looking it up or measuring looks like it is 18-20 ft long.Its a chore to clean the top. When they are in I have small limited access over the inside edge and have put a loop of twine knoted on each end of a wet towel and drug it back and forth too.
A full wall slide would be a real challenge. I face cleaning the room tops when we pull up here as we have set here in the desert with lots of very fine dust.
I may try the sacrificial towel and twine or small diameter cord dragging it back and forth rinsing in between trip on the outside top before bringing them in.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer