cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing the table and chairs with a booth ??????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
My fifth wheel has a table and four chairs. I am thinking about replacing the table and chairs with a booth because I get the extra storage underneath the bench seats. Has any of you made this type of replacement? How difficult was it? Can you suggest a vendor/model number?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
11 REPLIES 11

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
BurbMan wrote:
TenOC, I think I still have my plans and drawings if you;re interested

Thanks but no. I think I have found one close by that was removed from a MH.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
TenOC, I think I still have my plans and drawings if you;re interested

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have the T and C and store stuff under the chairs and under the table alongside the side wall (mostly wine). We also take one of the chairs out to store even more stuff since there are only two of us. I would not want to trade the flexibility of movable chairs for the storage. The chairs are much more comfortable that the booth. But that's me.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've done both...we took the dinette out of our Sunnybrook and replaced with table/chairs. We liked that so much we ordered the Terry with table/chairs. Then replaced that with a U-shaped dinette.

I found a whole complete set of brand new cushions for a U-shaped dinette on eBay for $200, sold by an RV salvage place. Went to the RV show and took some measurements and pictures of different set ups, then went home and made mine to match the cushions.

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps you could build it or have one built? It's just a cabinet with cushions on top. The storage below our's probably accounts for a third of the total storage in our 22' trailer. All our pots and pans, drinks, misc junk, and even a laser printer with spare cartridge live down there. Of course, it does help that we have three doors (two inside and one outside) for access. Puck lights light the space. Had the foam replaced with better quality foam and the backs have a slight angle making it more comfortable. The table (that I built) is expandable with up to two leaves, which doubles the original size making it great for spreading out large maps. Take out all the leaves and it's the size needed to make the booth into a second (seldom used) bed. We usually have one leaf installed, making it 50% bigger than it's original size, for everyday usage. Have had 8 people (tightly) seated in the booth at one time. So with two on stools in the isle we have seating for 10 of our best buddies (plates are pretty much touching, but hey, when it's stormy outside, no one is complaining....) The dog either lays on the center cushion or underneath, on the floor, giving her a quiet place to be that is out of the way. Best part is the two corners are square, each with with a triangular shaped cushions. When the cushions are flipped on their sides we have two lounging couches (all be it with our feet hang into the isle). If I didn't have a booth, I would be installing one in a hurry. Good luck with your project.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I dumped our chairs and table for the booth. Bought the lumber at the local lumber yard and very comfortable cushions off the net. A area RV dealer had several booth type tables to choose from.
I had no plans....easy for a handy person with proper tools.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz has a great post.

We love our dinette in our TT, because it is U-shaped we can easily fit 6 people around it, and it drops down to make an almost queen size bed.

But...

The seating is not comfortable for any length of time. If we had a larger camper, I would go with separate seats... or carefully find dinette seating that is comfortable.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
We much prefer the booth dinette. Our OEM booth is very comfortable sitting even for long periods. The thick seat and back cushions always stay put (the velcro keeps them exactly in place). The huge storage area below is awesome and there's a large 14 X 20 access door on the end of each seat. Or if wanted or needed, there's total access to the full under seat storage by taking the seat cushion off and opening/lifting up the full seat plywood cover.

There are some very cheaply made booths in RV's that have flimsy poor quality foam used that may not be comfortable for sitting. Best check a booth out thoroughly before you buy. Good fabric cover used is head and shoulders better than any plastics, Naugahyde, or leather coverings. Too hot and/or sticky for sitting. We have 55 years now of RV'ing ownership and experience.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Got side tracked but plan to do the same thing.

The installation is simple and yes, it provides a lot of storage.

I would check around and see if you can find an RV junk yard.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
We went the other way !

Guy

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Most people go the other way. They ditch the booth and go with the table and chairs. Booth storage is a PITA. Not comfortable. cushions do not stay put.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.