Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY COMPARISON?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY COMPARISON?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Oasisbob

Portland Oregon 97266

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in the market for a barely used tow vehicle and want to buy an extended warranty. They have always paid off for us. Is there a extended warranty company that you may reccomend? I want to know they will come through for us. Any thoughts or reccomendations welcome.

Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS">

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oasisbob wrote:

We are in the market for a barely used tow vehicle and want to buy an extended warranty. They have always paid off for us. Is there a extended warranty company that you may reccomend? I want to know they will come through for us. Any thoughts or reccomendations welcome.

The vehicles manufacture! Search for the best price before laying down your money. In 2015 we bought a RAM Max Care Warranty of 120K and 8 years, with $100 deductible on our RAM Diesel for 24xx dollars.

Ford Edge ST Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 335HP and 380 Lb Ft - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome. Retired and enjoying it!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/20 12:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There aren’t any extended warranties worth a ____ except factory. So buy something that has remaining factory warranty so it’s eligible.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/20 03:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oasisbob wrote:

i would only buy the vehicla's manufacturer extended warranty. i bought the Ford one on my used 2014 F150.
wouldn't even touch a 3rd party extended vehicle warranty.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

pyoung47

MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/20 05:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought an extended warranty for my F-350 when new. I bought a Ford ESP policy online from Lombard Ford for a discounted price. I would be very skeptical of some of these "warranty" companies. Most of the dealers will try to sell a third party policy since they make more on these than the manufacturer's warranty. You would at least have your dealer to argue with about it, but get ready to be fleeced on the price. BTW, the price is negotiable -- be sure to haggle.

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/20 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I prefer an extended warranty from the manufacturer. When I bought my 2018 Ram, the dealer's price was outrageous, so I waited a bit.
A few months ago I decided to pursue one before the original warranty expired and while trolling a Ram forum, someone suggested Clay Robbins ([email protected]) of Kansas. He seems to beat everybody in price for the bumper to bumper Chrysler warranty.
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 72 Nights
2021- 65 Nights

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I fully agree with the others -- stick to the vehicle manufacturer's extended warranty offerings and NOT a third party.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/20 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

5 to zero, on manufacturers warranty only!

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/20 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Technically they are extended service plans, not extended warranties.

I have had Ford ESP on several vehicles and happy with it. Have also had EasyCare on Ford vehicles and it was very good also. Never any problems on a covered repair. Only real difference the service advisor said is that they don't have to wait for approval for repairs with the Ford plan.

But in reality, have had very few repairs needing to be done while still under coverage. And only a couple have paid back enough to cover the initial costs of the ESP.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get a few calls every week about buying an extended warranty.
I can give you several options. They sound sincere. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY COMPARISON?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.