cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's Your "Theme"?

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering out of mostly idle curiosity if anyone besides us has a "theme" for their RV.

I have an inherited psychological disorder that afflicts everyone in my family. Almost everything I/we do is over-engineered (where two nails is more than adequate I'll use four). When we graduated to what will be our last RV (a Winnie coach) DW suggested we decorate with a theme. She found a dinnerware set with road runners and thought that would be perfect for our future retirement travel plans but no one makes much roadrunner "stuff". All she could find was a small plush roadrunner. So we went what's readily and overly available: Flamingo.

Recall my family disorder? I mean it, we went Flamingo. We did stop short of repainting the coach pink but once inside the door it's Flamingo Heaven. Or Hell depending on your perspective. They're everywhere. Plush toys sitting and hanging, bedding, towels, floor mats...you name it, if it's flamingo we've got it. You can't even shower or reign from the throne without a flamingo staring at you.
18 REPLIES 18

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Now my fifth wheel not much, but my garage walls ,thats another story. Pretty good collection of old signs, license plates etc.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
National Parks.
We have coffee cups.
We have fabric embroiderd patches from every park we have visited.
Pictures and metal signs from some parks.
Baseball caps too.

Jesseannie

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We call our theme "Comfortable"... ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a traditional outdoors theme. Interior decor with landscapes, pillows with fish and deer. Plates with moose, Dutch Ovens and a fire, canvas and lots of dogs, some whiskey and good looking women.

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
Our theme is my name.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
We let our grandson do our. Toys all over the place! LOL
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
If "dog hair" is a theme, then YES. We absolutely have a theme.

LOL, ditto! The central vac comes in real handy.

But no, no theme, one of the reasons I liked our trailer is that it came with a lot of the colors etc. that I already like. There isn't a lot of wall space to hang things, and even then, they'd probably fall off at some point. Only thing I switched out was the bed comforter as the one that came with it, while I liked the look, says "dry clean only". That definitely won't work.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

dedmiston
If "dog hair" is a theme, then YES. We absolutely have a theme.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
dcmac214 wrote:
Recall my family disorder? I mean it, we went Flamingo. We did stop short of repainting the coach pink but once inside the door it's Flamingo Heaven. Or Hell depending on your perspective. They're everywhere. Plush toys sitting and hanging, bedding, towels, floor mats...you name it, if it's flamingo we've got it. You can't even shower or reign from the throne without a flamingo staring at you.

Reading about your flamingo-saturated coach reminds me of this guyโ€™s bit:

https://youtu.be/f5d8pVg3Qtg

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Minimalist.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Road Runner is cool. Why did you not just go with Looney Tunes to get a variety of items and color?
One flamingo is enough. Not too late to evolve.

Us? We have a couple of DD's small paintings hung up.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a sign made up at a boat company.
The back of my TT says BERTHA.
There is a Dead sticker below. 50 Year on the Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
No real theme, too cheap,and as long as it's usable is all that counts, although I do have a metal Three Stooges Sign/Poster that someone gave me years ago. ๐Ÿ˜„
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy the setups of others! Where they store that stuff when driving I don't know.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad