cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sink inserts

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
Did any of you have custom cutting boards made to replace the junk inserts that came with your RV?

My inserts look fine on the top but water is soaking into the backs. I’m guessing they aren’t going to last long.

They are laminate over what looks like particle board. Not made fro cutting on either.
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30
5 REPLIES 5

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Buy the cutting board of your choice and cut it to fit using the current board as a template.

That’s what I’m looking for now. I know the covers weren’t cutting boards but it sure would be handy if they were.

A friend of mine makes all kinds of wood stuff. I’m going to ask if he can make one for me.
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I've read of a few studies regarding the safety and cleanliness of wooden vs. plastic cutting boards, and the wood ones fare much better than plastic when it's not possible to thoroughly sanitize the plastic ones (with, for instance, a commercial dishwasher). The plastic tends to develop grooves and scratches over time that hold stuff in, such that it cannot be completely cleaned by hand washing, and provides a very nice environment for the bacteria to multiply. Unfinished wood, on the other hand, naturally has some antimicrobial properties; bacteria do not survive long in contact with it.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Buy the cutting board of your choice and cut it to fit using the current board as a template.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
How are older RV came with a wood cover, but it was always questionable how sanitary it was to cut on. I would just purchase and antimicrobial cutting board.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's a laminate, it wasn't made for cutting. It was just a cover, to allow for more counter space.