cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Safe T Steer vs Roadmaster

railsbackg
Explorer
Explorer
I know this has probably been beat to daeth on here. But anyone have any knowledge on these 2 steering systems. Which one may be preferred or can you post past links to and threads that may have a bunch of input? I just bought a 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K with the F53 chassis.

Thanks in advance for you help.
7 REPLIES 7

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
carringb wrote:
I had the SAF-T-STEER at one point. Eventually is rusted up internally, causing it to bind up and seize, which caused it to rip the bracket out of the frame. I don't really need one on my setup, but if I ever did one again, it would be an eternal-spring design like the Roadmaster, or an all-hydraulic through-ram like Fox.

Same here. I ended up with the Roadmaster now. Very pleased.

Al

railsbackg
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the info. I still haven't decided yet, but will get it sorted out soon.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I had the SAF-T-STEER at one point. Eventually is rusted up internally, causing it to bind up and seize, which caused it to rip the bracket out of the frame. I don't really need one on my setup, but if I ever did one again, it would be an eternal-spring design like the Roadmaster, or an all-hydraulic through-ram like Fox.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I got my stablizer installed (Big improvement) I went with Blue Ox Tru-Center as it was the only one that offered a "Remote adjustment" (I can re-center it if I need to from the driver's seat More later)

Safe-T-Steer now offers the same as an option I understand.

Why would I want to re-center..
High crown road
Stable cross wind.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Roadmaster really improved the handling of our Bay Star. I think the Roadmaster, being less expensive offers a "big bang for the buck". Also, make sure the front end is aligned and your tire pressures are based on axle/wheel weights and tire manufacturer's inflation table.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

railsbackg
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, lots of info on just the first page.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are a few...CLICKY
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C