cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Full timer ins.

dutchev
Explorer
Explorer
We have been fulltiming for 10 yrs. we are with Progressive. we just were evacuated from a wildfire but luckily all was safe but began to look closer on my policy. I have 40,000 in personal contents. most of this is in musical equipment. found out that there are caps on certain items. i was told by progressive that they could not schedule items, they put me onto good sam's and RV ins. solutions. Has anyone tried to schedule items or have run into this issue thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You have recent appraisals on all these items?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you ask Progressive if they can issue a Valuable Personal Property (VPP) policy? That's what USAA did for us. This is in addition to our renters' policy to cover contents, an umbrella policy for liability, and the usual auto policy to cover both vehicles and the RV. Of course, state insurance commissions govern what can be done in each state, so what a particular company like Progressive or USAA can do in one state, they might not be able to in another (we are domiciled in Texas).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015