cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2018 equinox

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
well bought a newer toad. So I thought. I did my homework checked all the information I could. So we bought the vehicle. Then I read the owners manual. I what did I find, my peculiar is only totally on a trailer only. Its a 2018 equinox 2.0 turbo with a 9 speed transmission, fwd. The 2017 and 2019 and 20 can be flat towed. BIG mistake on my part. So now looking at trailers. Lesson? Read owners manual first. Revco. Even says it can't be towed and don't make a kit. BIG mistake on my part.
4 REPLIES 4

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
njtony wrote:
well bought a newer toad. So I thought. I did my homework checked all the information I could. So we bought the vehicle. Then I read the owners manual. I what did I find, my peculiar is only totally on a trailer only. Its a 2018 equinox 2.0 turbo with a 9 speed transmission, fwd. The 2017 and 2019 and 20 can be flat towed. BIG mistake on my part. So now looking at trailers. Lesson? Read owners manual first. Revco. Even says it can't be towed and don't make a kit. BIG mistake on my part.

If it's just FWD and not AWD you'll be a lot better off with a tow dolly than a full trailer. We used a dolly with surge brakes for many years and never had an issue. Actually preferred it to flat towing (which we've also done) but I'm sure we're the exception to the rule.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Before even going to look at a new or used vehicle I always download the owners manual and go through it. They are available for every vehicle going back years.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Ouch! You did your homework but still failed the test. Maybe you won't take too much of a loss if you trade/sell and get a towable toad.