cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump check valve.

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. After listening to my water pump burp at long intervals for several seasons, it has begun to do so about every 15 minutes or so. I have no idea what model of pump I have but is it generally possible to clean or service the check valve. I do not have a leak.
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision
10 REPLIES 10

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
CaLBaR wrote:
I have been looking for repair kit for a Lippert FlowMax pump but can't seem to find one. Mine seems to leak back too and will not hold pressure consistently.

Looks like it is another Lippert throw-away item, replace it with a real pump that can be repaired.

Unfortunately that seems to be it with this one. I know you can get diaphragm kits for Shurflo. This is disappointing from Lippert again. Guess will buy a Shurflo and not have this issue.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
CaLBaR wrote:
I have been looking for repair kit for a Lippert FlowMax pump but can't seem to find one. Mine seems to leak back too and will not hold pressure consistently.

Looks like it is another Lippert throw-away item, replace it with a real pump that can be repaired.

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Another option is to add an inline check valve on either side of the pump. Just pay attention to the flow direction.

Just one example:
Watts AquaLock/SeaTech - Check Valve - 1/2 CTS (5/8 OD)
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many times it is some kind of debris in the check valve that can be rinsed out and reassembled without any new parts.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. So I looked in the cabinet last night and it is a 2088. Do these not come apart or are there just no service parts?

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Those pumps come apart really easy. Make sure the valve seats and discs are smooth. I had problems on my first trip this year, sporadic pumping, and I took my pump apart at the campground to check it. It turned out to be a pex fitting at the pump inlet that wasn't tight enough and the pump was Sucking air. I had to replace the SS pinch clamp with the solid copper ring type and no more suction leak. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
'T" into Cold water plumbing (discharge side of pump) and plumb 1/2" line with shutoff valve to fresh water tank

Connected to city water........open the 'Fill' Valve and watch for flow out of 'tank overflow' pipe OR level gauge. then close Fill Valve

Just need to locate Fill Valve in an easy convened location .
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Old Biscuit. Looks like I'll be digging in soon. While I'm in there I had an idea. I recently replaced my water tank drain with a 3/4 one. I was thinking about using the 1/2 pipe and valve to make a by- pass of the pump to fill my tank from city water. Any reason that would be a bad idea?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Yes ....rebuild kits, individual parts are pretty standard for RV Potable water pumps

Unless it is a Shurflo 2088 model.
That was discontinued YEARS ago and parts are no longer produced
IF--IF you find a part listed for Shurflo 2088 it is 'NOS' (New OLD stock) meaning it has been sitting on a shelf for years

Shurflo 2088....replace with a 4008 or 4048
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31