Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

who's looking

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/959872814474539
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
3 REPLIES 3

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, with a classic coach you need a support group. GMCโ€™s have that as do FMCโ€™s. Next month we have a rally in Oregon with 19 coaches registered to attend. There is also an active Facebook group and an FMC owners club website.
With any classic you need to be able to do mechanical work to some degree. FMCโ€™s were built from 1973-76 and had Chrysler 440 engines coupled to a loadflite tranny. They are rear engined. I converted mine to an 2006 Duramax diesel with a 6 speed Allison tranny. Good combination of old and new!
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't wish him ill, but FB Marketplace is not the best venue. It is a good thing he is open to offers. With 16.5 steel wheels and limited tire availability, plus having the anvil reliable Onan removed does not help the value at all.

The unit has an actual market value at the 12~13K region without seeing the tire dates. Yes, hes says that they are new, but is that tread or age?

He says 35K, can he prove it? Most this age are 135+. I you go to look at get over to GMCMI and find help to look at it with you.

Far and away the most import part of these classic coaches is not the hardware, but the amazing community of support and camaraderie that they connect you with as an owner.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
1978 GMC Class A

I always thought they were interesting rigs. I hope it gets restored.