cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert electric slide out dead

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Have been traveling for over a week and got to our new campsite and found no power to the slide out. Checked fuses and the wiring that I could see and no power. Had to manually crank out the slide. Not sure what to check or if there are other fuses to check in that system. Any ideas would be appreciated. Does anyone know if Lippert uses any circuit breakers that need to be reset? I see an electrical box under the slide but it has been raining and have not had a chance to open it.
Thanks,
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK
11 REPLIES 11

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
THat system the controller has a current limiter (electronic and self resetting) Not sure if there is a fuse or breaker in the loop.

The controllers do sometimes fail. and finding it can be downright fun.
The motors also have been known to fail.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Will check it out.
Thanks
Curly

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 5er had a Lippert electric slide. Lippert spec was to have a 30 amp fuse on the pos wire by the battery. The battery had two pos wires, one was just for the slide.

The other way it could be "dead" is if the ground wire to frame from the in/out switch has lost connection at the frame (corrosion, snagged on something?)
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
If I test the circuit breakers as shown in the photo above, should they all show voltage to them? One lug is copper colored and the other is silver.
Not sure if they are providing power to the slide out though. Would there be a breaker in the small box under the slide out? Getting dry enough here to look there this afternoon.
Thanks
Curly

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
LCI does NOT supply the feed wiring or fuses or breakers. The OEM of your RV does that. Doug

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
jdc1 wrote:
MFL, could a jumper wire be used to bi-pass that automatic reset breaker in an emergency?

Maybe in an emergency, but I've never been a fan of by-passing breakers or fuses. My FW has this breaker pictured for the landing legs, and the slide, on my basement wall, right next to each other, so I could just switch out to test. I'm not sure, but think some TTs have this breaker for the power front jack that could be switched with the slide breaker.

Jerry

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
It is an electric slide, rack and pinion.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Electric slide, or hydraulic run by electric motor?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of the breakers might not be auto reset. Look on the back side for a small button that you can push to reset. I wouldn't use a jumper unless you know why the breaker tripped as you could burn up the wiring if there is a short somewhere.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
MFL, could a jumper wire be used to bi-pass that automatic reset breaker in an emergency?

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You should have an auto resetting breaker similar to this, not far from your batteries, maybe on wall inside basement. Some may be manual reset?

Jerry