Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Did I ruin my water heater, please help!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Did I ruin my water heater, please help!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
NErunner

Arlington

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

That looks like an antenna on the side opposite the wire. Did the previous owner install something? Wireless backup camera? Remote leveler with receiver in tow vehicle?

Yes, it does have a small antenna on the side, the camper is brand new, I'm the first owner, the light was already there when I bought it. No remote leveler, I installed a backup camera (Furrion) but its antenna is on the camera itself in the back.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a repeater for a TPMS. Link

NErunner

Arlington

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

K_and_I wrote:

That looks like the repeater for the TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Did one of those come with your tt?

Oh, yes, the trailer indeed came with a tire pressure monitoring system, I have not installed it yet, so perhaps that's why I can't find mentioning of the light in any other manual [emoticon]

I have to say, trailer manuals are the most generic type I've ever seen, it's not quite like your TV manual that shows function and name of each tiny component, I'm enjoying the learning curve thanks to you all [emoticon]

badercubed

Canandaigua, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Side note...

This has been the most cordial thread from both sides I have ever seen.

2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2018 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!

gmckenzie

BC

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NErunner wrote:

K_and_I wrote:

That looks like the repeater for the TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Did one of those come with your tt?

Oh, yes, the trailer indeed came with a tire pressure monitoring system, I have not installed it yet, so perhaps that's why I can't find mentioning of the light in any other manual [emoticon]

I have to say, trailer manuals are the most generic type I've ever seen, it's not quite like your TV manual that shows function and name of each tiny component, I'm enjoying the learning curve thanks to you all [emoticon]

Trailers are, very much, a collection of parts put together kinda randomly. Hopefully you have all the manuals for everything that came with it, but you will never get one manual for the trailer that covers everything.

Think of it like having a manual for your house. Who knows what fridge, freezer, stove etc. would be installed.

2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

NErunner

Arlington

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gmckenzie wrote:

NErunner wrote:

K_and_I wrote:

Trailers are, very much, a collection of parts put together kinda randomly. Hopefully you have all the manuals for everything that came with it, but you will never get one manual for the trailer that covers everything.

Think of it like having a manual for your house. Who knows what fridge, freezer, stove etc. would be installed.

Precisely. I have the manuals for all appliances but for the trailer itself is available just online, but it's too broad because it applies to a whole category with different configurations and there's so much "if equipped" language in there. I'm really, really glad I found this forum, it would have taken me forever to figure things out on my own. Can't thank you all enough.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badercubed wrote:

Side note...

Very true and quite normal on the fishing forums I visit.
Unfortunately on this site we have a few crotchety old folks looking to tee off on their prey. Lol

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

badercubed wrote:

Side note...

Very true and quite normal on the fishing forums I visit.
Unfortunately on this site we have a few crotchety old folks looking to tee off on their prey. Lol

Funny, I have had more issues with a couple of crotchety younger folks that have actually belittled me because I am older than them.

NErunner

Arlington

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/20 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all, just an update, I came back from camping last weekend and popped the "battery disconnect switch" that came standard in the RV, so far so good, 5 days later when turn the switch on the battery charge indicator shows 100% charge.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/20 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NErunner wrote:

Hi all, just an update, I came back from camping last weekend and popped the "battery disconnect switch" that came standard in the RV, so far so good, 5 days later when turn the switch on the battery charge indicator shows 100% charge.

I'm sure you know this but I'll say it anyway. The indicator will show 100% if the trailer is plugged regardless of the state of battery charge. The charge indicators are only a crude indication of actual charge. Be sure to use the disconnect switch as soon as possible after parking so that the maximum charge is retained. It does sound like you are successful.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Did I ruin my water heater, please help!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.