Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Econoline Fibreglass Roof Repair *HELP*

VanLife204
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I have a camper I've rebuilt the motor and now am moving onto interior build, however the roof is made of a fibreglass shell and is full of pinholes, causing water to leak in everywhere. I had to fully gut the original interior as a result of it being covered in mold.

I'm wondering does anyone have suggestions how I should patch this up?

I have access to a friends spray gun for gelcoat/topcoat but also am considering doing the matting / resin way and cutting the roof off flipping her upside down and refibreglassing the inside (there's some rotten wood boards attached to the roof fibreglass that needs to be taken out and replaced during same time.) Im considering options, whether to do matting / resin inside, topcoat outside, or just spray a coat of gelcoat inside and toss rubber on the outside, or any other options anyone can suggest. I'm just a newb when it comes to fibreglass, and I dont know the best course of action to take in regard to this task. It seems a bit daunting and I could use any advice, feedback or suggestions! I appreciate it a lot!!

1 REPLY 1

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe ask a body man or let a body shop do it right. Better to do it right the first time than have to do it over again.
jmho
john 'I am Canadian'