cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water at furnace creek in Death Valley np

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know, can you hook up a hose to the fresh water spigots at Furnace creek cg. In the national park?

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View
10 REPLIES 10

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
steveandjil wrote:

By the way, does anyone know of rv and camping oriented forums that are not subject to such behavior? A pm would be appreciated.

Steve

Of the four I'm on this is the least judgmental with the exception of the Northwood forum for owners of their products.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a ranger in Lodgepole Sequioa ask me to remove my temporary connection to fill my fresh tank.
I waited an hour, then filled my tank. Took 15 minutes. Call me a rule breaker if you must.
Have done same in Yosemite and Furnace Creek.

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Folks for the helpful responses. By the way, nothing I like more scolding responses that are rarely grounded in fact. Thanks for the suggestion of the water bandit and thanks for the report that the imagined water restrictions do not exist.

For the record, I think most of us try to follow rules. Perhaps this faith will occasion some scolding.

By the way, does anyone know of rv and camping oriented forums that are not subject to such behavior? A pm would be appreciated.

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Every one I encountered at FC and SPW last time I was there was threaded...but my Bandit was ready. Supposed to be 124F at FC today, 2 pm. There were no posted water fill restrictions at that time.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
I haven't been there in decades but assuming you mean a few common water spigots scattered around the cg then use a Water bandit

You attach that to your hose, jam it up over the spigot and hold it there and turn on the water. Assuming you have enough hose to reach.

Seriously???
No, this is not a good idea. The Water bandit aka Water thief {the names say it all} should never be used in any CG that tells prohibits doing so. Many of the CG's operate their wells from solar. just one or two rigs taking on a large fill will shut the well down for everyone else. Some CG's will ask you to leave {and no they do not give refunds} for this flagrant violation of the rules. Their park, their rules.

I took this pic at the Windy hill CG at Roosevelt lake in the Tonto national Forrest:

:S

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
The price sure has sky-rocketed, I paid a lot less than $10 for ours.

It's showing $8.36 on Amazon as of 9/7/20

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a dump station with potable water. Spigots are spaced random about every 8 spaces... may need a loooong hose.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
The price sure has sky-rocketed, I paid a lot less than $10 for ours.
Superbumper

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea! Thanks

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't been there in decades but assuming you mean a few common water spigots scattered around the cg then use a Water bandit

You attach that to your hose, jam it up over the spigot and hold it there and turn on the water. Assuming you have enough hose to reach.
Superbumper