Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fed up with tire blow outs!!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Fed up with tire blow outs!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rollindowntheroad wrote:

I talked with a tire dealer this morning, locally, they told me that Goodyear makes an Endurance in 215/75r14. They didn't have any in stock but could order them and get them in a couple of days. The only difference is that the 215's are a little wider than the 205's. I measured my TT and the 215's will fit. I ordered them. Total was $602.00, that's everything even put on my TT. Then the guy says they will probably be delivered on Friday. We are having a sale this weekend that anyone that buys a set of 4 tires gets $100 off. So your total will be $502.00. YIPPEE!!! Made my day!

So Goodyear Endurance 215/75r14 is what is going to be put on. Hopefully no more blowouts!

What load rating?

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought you could find some GY Endurance if you kept at it.
Most people just want to sell what is on the shelf.
Great tires so far.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations on your purchase. Money well spent.
Below is the inflation chart for your new tires.

[image]

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rollindowntheroad wrote:

I talked with a tire dealer this morning, locally, they told me that Goodyear makes an Endurance in 215/75r14. They didn't have any in stock but could order them and get them in a couple of days. The only difference is that the 215's are a little wider than the 205's. I measured my TT and the 215's will fit. I ordered them. Total was $602.00, that's everything even put on my TT. Then the guy says they will probably be delivered on Friday. We are having a sale this weekend that anyone that buys a set of 4 tires gets $100 off. So your total will be $502.00. YIPPEE!!! Made my day!

So Goodyear Endurance 215/75r14 is what is going to be put on. Hopefully no more blowouts!

That's a great deal!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

lane hog wrote:

rollindowntheroad wrote:

All 3 tires did not blow at the same time. The first to go was the driver side rear. This weekend the passenger side rear blew on my way to the campground. On my way home the passenger side front went. Each time I heard the tire pop I pulled over immediately.

Yep, and when the drivers rear went out, you immediately overloaded the other three tires. Repeat for the other two losses -- the remaining tire on that side

Doesn't matter how quickly you reacted -- they still had to carry extra weight, and suddenly at speed.

Unless they are torsion axles not true. A standard trailer with an equalizer between the springs distributes the weight between the axles evenly, that's why it's called an equalizer.

However, the range of the equalizer function IMO won't compensate for for the loss of a tire nor is it designed to do so.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LarryJM wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

lane hog wrote:

rollindowntheroad wrote:

All 3 tires did not blow at the same time. The first to go was the driver side rear. This weekend the passenger side rear blew on my way to the campground. On my way home the passenger side front went. Each time I heard the tire pop I pulled over immediately.

Yep, and when the drivers rear went out, you immediately overloaded the other three tires. Repeat for the other two losses -- the remaining tire on that side

Doesn't matter how quickly you reacted -- they still had to carry extra weight, and suddenly at speed.

Unless they are torsion axles not true. A standard trailer with an equalizer between the springs distributes the weight between the axles evenly, that's why it's called an equalizer.

However, the range of the equalizer function IMO won't compensate for for the loss of a tire nor is it designed to do so.

Larry

The distance the axle can move is quite a bit more than height of the sidewall of a tire.

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time for LTs

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

LarryJM wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

lane hog wrote:

rollindowntheroad wrote:

Larry

The distance the axle can move is quite a bit more than height of the sidewall of a tire.

Again my previous statement clearly has the caveat IMO in it since I'm no expert and I don't see how that small "equalizer triangle that connects to two axles springs together would allow that much movement to ensure that each ground contact have equal weights on them. I just know I sure would not assume to be the case and I would still replace tires in pairs because of the excessive overloading should you loose one tire on a side of a tandem axle trailer.

Larry

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ And to that, I would not just replace a tire because it was "overloaded" for say 30 seconds while getting pulled off the road after a blow out.
Different story if the blowout isn't noticed and the trailer runs some distance on 1 tire.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/20 04:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

Congratulations on your purchase. Money well spent.
Below is the inflation chart for your new tires.

[image]

On a vehicle you are riding in, I can see lower pressure for smooth ride. For a trailer, put them to max.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Fed up with tire blow outs!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.