cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

More room in the Refrigerator for the important stuff.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really hated those 2 crispers in the bottom of my Dometic RM2652 Fridg,to small for anything,when one broke they wanted almost $50 for a new one.

I found a great replacement

Although it is a Norcold Product,it fits nicely in my Dometic RM 2652, is only $25 and no more folded lettuce,it also is a great place to chill a couple bottles of wine. :B

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
8 REPLIES 8

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyF wrote:
As long as we are on the subject of lettuce, wrap a length of paper towels around the head. The lettuce will stay moist for days without getting soggy the way it does when wrapped in plastic.

Exactly what I do,but to be really honest I use it more for a Wine Chiller,

The Really Important Stuff
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD, Great idea....embarrassed that we didnโ€™t think of that! IIโ€™ll take measurements, and when we make our โ€œquarterlyโ€ Wal-Mart trip, weโ€™ll get something that fits .....โ€just rightโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‰ memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your refir feels too small, put your drinks in a cooler with ice and it will feel much bigger.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We too have a Dometic, but our bins in the bottom are different. We have one that is 3/4 size of the bottom with the other 1/4 size. Odd, but it works.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
Great drawer - now about lettuce...
Before a trip - I wash the lettuce leaves, lay them flat between paper towels and put them into a gallon size ziploc. The lettuce stays remarkable fresh and it's already clean when I get it out.

Exactly what I do and it works wonders. I wash before we leave for two reasons - save time on prepping a meal and save on tank water since we boondock or dry camp.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Great drawer - now about lettuce...
Before a trip - I wash the lettuce leaves, lay them flat between paper towels and put them into a gallon size ziploc. The lettuce stays remarkable fresh and it's already clean when I get it out.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Good tip...thank you. BTW, I bought that exact same drawer. Love it.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
As long as we are on the subject of lettuce, wrap a length of paper towels around the head. The lettuce will stay moist for days without getting soggy the way it does when wrapped in plastic.