cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nikola and GM team up to make 900 HP Electric Supertruck.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like GM is going to produce Nikolas Badger. Nice looking truck. Production 2022. The electric truck field is getting thicker.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nikola-and-gm-team-up-to-make-this-900-horsepower-super-electric-truc...
70 REPLIES 70

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes need at least 10x solar and 20x on batteries to achieve the zero carbon goal.

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Great website. Good thing they can crank up the nat gas output when they need to. 50% is nat gas right now.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
They simply want to move the pollution from power plants to other states. Those states should cut the wires to the idiots.
When CA finally gets this worked out what will those other states do without the revenue?

I live within 25 miles of these power plants generating for large eastern cities. 2 nuclear, 4 hydro, 2 coal fired, 1 oil fired, 2 waste burners and numerous small generators, the only financial difference for me is higher property taxes because of so much land being used by the utilities and their power lines.

How far east? Are they still in California? The data that I can find shows California to be a huge importer of electricity.

"In 2018, almost one-third of California's electricity supply came from outside the state. "

"Until mid-2013 it had two nuclear power plants: Diablo Canyon and San Onofre – with four PWR reactors totalling 4390 MWe capacity. These are designed to survive large earthquakes. However, San Onofre has now closed down,"

So only one active power plant. That might be part of your problem. If you are paying state and local taxes to support people from out of state your local regulators are not doing their jobs.

California power generation

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
They simply want to move the pollution from power plants to other states. Those states should cut the wires to the idiots.
When CA finally gets this worked out what will those other states do without the revenue?

I live within 25 miles of these power plants generating for large eastern cities. 2 nuclear, 4 hydro, 2 coal fired, 1 oil fired, 2 waste burners and numerous small generators, the only financial difference for me is higher property taxes because of so much land being used by the utilities and their power lines.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
GDS-3950BH wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:

"When"? More like "if".

California not only needs to meet current demand but they also need to produce and distribute enough electricity to power all of the electric vehicles that they are mandating. I am not going to say that it can't be done but they haven't exhibited much skill recently in meeting electrical demand. Or even acknowledging reality.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:

"When"? More like "if".

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought GM just bought a name for an EV truck, the Badger.
Now it looks like GM may eventually acquire an entire new sub-brand, Nikola.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Groover wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
I hope the SEC applies the laws consistently! Anything Elon got away with should not be punishable to any other company/executive.

Don't think that would be the case. Elon has enough money to bribe or lobby his way out of things like he has in the past, Nikola does not.

It's is more like Elon is clearly the diving force behind Tesla and the largest stock holder. Any attempt to separate Tesla and Elon probably would have destroyed the company and done enormous damage to the minority shareholders. By leaving things alone the shareholders the SEC allowed the minority shareholders to get a 400% return on investment. That was hardly a disservice to anyone except the shorts who deserved what they got for actively trying to destroy the company and the value of the shareholders.

And Milton was the driving force behind Nikola, and a financial company holding shorts in Nikola can destroy the value of the shareholders? Seems like you are picking winners and losers.

Milton is a crook and lying conman

Nikla wil go down as largest scam In auto history,it has no product to sell and never will.

https://youtu.be/TR5Q5uN25h4

Btw Trevor Milton is being investigated by SEC and FBI as we speak.

Only gulible investors and no doubt some Big Oil money is keeping Nikla stock alive,,barely tho :B

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
I hope the SEC applies the laws consistently! Anything Elon got away with should not be punishable to any other company/executive.

Don't think that would be the case. Elon has enough money to bribe or lobby his way out of things like he has in the past, Nikola does not.

It's is more like Elon is clearly the diving force behind Tesla and the largest stock holder. Any attempt to separate Tesla and Elon probably would have destroyed the company and done enormous damage to the minority shareholders. By leaving things alone the shareholders the SEC allowed the minority shareholders to get a 400% return on investment. That was hardly a disservice to anyone except the shorts who deserved what they got for actively trying to destroy the company and the value of the shareholders.

Fyi
Elon owns only 20% of Tesla shares

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:

ROFLMAO.......And then THIS Einstein moment. . In a state that has rolling blackouts that when they are not due to fire danger are due to a self admitted electrical generation capacity deficit, bankrupted their largest electrical utility with draconian edicts and government sponsored lawsuits, has a 54 billion $ budget deficit, and has the highest electricity costs in the nation by a longshot.

Exactly. Just like when I have to read their cancer warning on a can of Rustoleum I purchased in VA......

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Groover wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:

And Milton was the driving force behind Nikola, and a financial company holding shorts in Nikola can destroy the value of the shareholders? Seems like you are picking winners and losers.

I never mentioned Milton and don't have an opinion there. We will never know what could have been either. But, part of the reason that I never invested in Tesla was my concern about their dependence on Elon and what would happen if he was taken out of the picture. So, I didn't pick a winner there either. Just observing what might have happened if the SEC had been more aggressive. Also, that the shorts seemed to have as much interest in Tesla failing as Elon did in Tesla succeeding. The difference was that several shorts were acting anonymously under the guise of protecting others while Elon was working his tail off and risking everything to save the planet. The shorts deserve what they got (lost).

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS