Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fall color prediction map

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fall prediction color week by week

Looks like we will be in NC about the right time. We are going to do 8 days in the FT Myers/Sarasota area of FL in early October staying at a COE and then the SKP park down there. I was going to go to Charleston and then into NC mountains but I think we will reverse that looking at the map. It will be cooler up there anyway. I'll save Charleston for the home bound trip.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
9 REPLIES 9

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in California and our fall colors unfortunately will be Charcoal.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m building a house at the Georgia, North Carolina boarder. Iโ€™ll let you know how the map plays out. If we donโ€™t get some rain along these predictions, the leaves will just turn lose and fall much like last year.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Currently in upper NW NC and will be in Mountain City, GA the first two weeks of October. Should be looking good! Thanks for the neat map.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully youโ€™ll see a full show!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like weโ€™re going to be in pigeon forge just a little early,but oh well a little early is better than not at all.

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
From our travels around Colorado over the past couple of weeks, it seems like we are ahead of schedule. I think the lack of rain over the last few months has sped things up. We've also started to see stands of aspen with the leaves just curling up and turning brown.

And now with the snow today . . .?
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
RobWNY wrote:
That's a pretty cool map. Thanks for sharing it. I noticed last winter when we were in Florida that around mid to late November, all the Green foliage became Green foliage. Seriously, we didn't notice much if any change at all until late February. Then the Pollen was crazy bad for about a month.

Yeah FL isn't much for color change. Some of the deciduous trees; oaks, magnolias, hickories and such. Do undergo a little color change to brown but not much in the way of bright yellows, oranges and reds.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow! What timing. DW will love this as we head to the UP next Tuesday.
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
That's a pretty cool map. Thanks for sharing it. I noticed last winter when we were in Florida that around mid to late November, all the Green foliage became Green foliage. Seriously, we didn't notice much if any change at all until late February. Then the Pollen was crazy bad for about a month.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.