Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How do you pay your bills on the road on extended trips?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How do you pay your bills on the road on extended trips?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since I prefer to enjoy the vacation and not worry about the bills, I pay them in advance using our online banking system and setting them up with a future pay date to work with our pay being automatically deposited. In the past, I would take my entire bill paying folder and pay them on the road using the laptop we take along, but I'd rather be reading or painting than paying bills out on the road!

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do as the others have posted. Usually i set up the utilities to auto pay (if theres a problem later, i can always work it out but there never has been). Our CC's have all been set to be due on the same day of the month and we always pay them online. Private phone hotspot and secure banking ap handles it as safely as possible.
And we always have a neighbor pickup the mail too in case anything unexpected arrives.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The DW either calls the companies and pays by credit card or uses her cellphone as a hotspot and pays by her laptop. She has a list of all of our bills and when they are due.
It's quite easy compared to getting mail.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most bills are auto-pay
One I mail a check
Rest on-line payment.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rare times we need to send a check, we use our credit union or bank's online bill paying service. They send the check and we don't even pay for the stamp...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we have all our regular bills on autopay. that includes credit cards, utilities etc. Use quicken with our hotspot when we have cell service to look at the accounts.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like to check our accounts periodically. We've been hacked several times and the most interesting one was plane tickets. The flight was 3 weeks away from Dallas to Atlanta and they got the red carpet greeting at the airport. Go figure!

Actually the $950 hiking boots (not a typo) from CO was interesting. The day before delivery they changed the Fed Ex address to a nearby city and a lady accepted the package. I'm reasonably sure the CC information was stolen at a local hospital cafeteria. Guess they don't pay the staff enough.

For clarity we've never paid a dime for fraud on our accounts. Instead that's paid by those that pay interest on their accounts...

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

...For clarity we've never paid a dime for fraud on our accounts. Instead that's paid by those that pay interest on their accounts...

DW got skimmed at a gas pump once. CC company handled everything, no problem. That is until several years later when they declined a several hundred $ purchase from an out of state company i had never done business with before. I called them to tell them to allow the charge and they said they couldnt do that as their insurance company (they apparently dont self insure) wouldnt allow it on that account. "But thats a different account # and everything along with several years and many many thousand dollars of paying on time since the skim". Doesnt Matter- that account will ALWAYS be linked to criminal activity, even after changing card and account numbers.
So i canceled the account. What good is a card that you cant use when you want. This was Chase Bank fwiw and i have perfect credit and always had. Dont know if the other big banks do business in a similar manner.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Auto pay and a text every morning from bank with updated balance.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/20 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

Auto pay and a text every morning from bank with updated balance.

yup. and in addition to my earlier post we have set up text and e-mail alerts from our bank and credit cards for any ttansaction >$1. charges, checks, deposits, withdrawls..anything >$1 and we're norified.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How do you pay your bills on the road on extended trips?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.