cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First quickie mods to my new to me Redhawk 22J

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
The first one is automatic with any new to me RV. I change out the analog thermostat with a digital one.

The 2nd one is adding a ladder to my overhead bunk. In the 2018 model, Jayco didn't supply a ladder. I had to cut off 9" at the bottom to make it fit.

The 3rd one is not so much a mod, but covering the aluminum angle used for bracing on the dinette. That metal is nicking the seat and back cushions. We're covering them with brown duct tape.

Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch
7 REPLIES 7

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
DW has put in a variety of styles and types throughout to put stuff in. Once she's finished, I'll take pictures of them.

mleekamp wrote:

One other thing we did, was buy rectangular plastic baskets/bins for about a buck or 2 each, for the kitchen cabinets. We put canned goods, foods, etc in the bins to keep them sorted and stable.
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.

Ron3rd wrote:
Nice work!
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, forgot to mention::: Ours came with a ladder, but I had to add grip tape on the steps...it was painted and smooth metal, and DANGEROUS for my girls with socks on. Looks like your ladder is not that way.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a Jayco Redhawk, but different floor plan. We did the exact same mod of covering the bracking in the dinete with black (in our case) duct tape, and did it for the exact same reason. Funny thing is, we did it to our travel trailer we owned before hand as well.

One other thing we did, was buy rectangular plastic baskets/bins for about a buck or 2 each, for the kitchen cabinets. We put canned goods, foods, etc in the bins to keep them sorted and stable.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s fun doing projects like that in a new unit! Duct tape is always on board ours, right next to the wire coat hangers!
Hope you enjoy your rig!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Quality work!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad