cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Champion generator

joegray
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2000 watt generator in 2016 to use in trailer and cabin. Well now the unit will not start with a no spark issue. I live in Canada so I phoned the number in the manual to get tech support and order parts,after 2 days of being on hold I gave up. Tried to order a new coil and parts on line at their web site, to order you have to log in. Tried that but the only two places they offer was U.S. and Puerto Rico. Phoned some local gen service people and all of them said Champion was the worst company to deal with,the dreaded one to come in for warranty. Makes me wonder if this is a disposable generator. Beware if you buy one of this companies units. Wish Iโ€™d bought a Honda or Yamaha. Sorry for the long rant but Iโ€™m really Pโ€”โ€”s. off.
30 REPLIES 30

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thread is getting contentious for no reason. Thread closed.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
The reason to get a Honda generator. Honda is here to stay.

Ken
Many people said the same thing about Montgomery Wards and Sears.

All I know is Honda provides support nation and world wide, if you should need it and the Hondas have worked great for better than 7 years....always start and run.

As per the OP, he can't get support for his Champion.

Ken
Maybe you should read the entire thread before commenting. If you did you would see Champion went above and beyond for service.

I have no issue with Honda and have purchased several products through the years from them.

I would not hesitate to purchase a Champion generator as well. I don't need to since my RV'S have built in Onan's.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
TXiceman wrote:

Ken

All I know is Honda provides support nation and world wide, if you should need it and the Hondas have worked great for better than 7 years....always start and run.

As per the OP, he can't get support for his Champion.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Do you think Honda builds all there (their) products?
I have no idea and don't really care.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Many people said the same thing about Montgomery Ward and Sears.
So what's your Honda beef?
Don't have one, own several Honda products. A lot of Honda products were made by Kymco a Taiwanese company. In fact that's how Kymco got it's start in 1962. KYMCO also make products for BMW. Do you think Honda builds all there products?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Many people said the same thing about Montgomery Ward and Sears.
So what's your Honda beef?

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:

Ken

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
RockyMt wrote:
I never had a problem getting work/parts for Honda Generators.
I never had to get parts for my Honda generators.

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We have the dual fuel 8000w and it is a workhorse. Our kids have been using it for the past 6 weeks or so. My only complaint is it is LOUD...

Bought it several years ago at Costco for about $570...
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Good on you, for coming back and posting that outcome! I've had very good dealings with Champion customer service, and also got a few freebies sent, that they did not have to do.

Jerry

joegray
Explorer
Explorer
Update on my 2000 watt champion generator. I sent them a email complaining that I couldnโ€™t order parts In Canada. WELL they asked me what I needed and asked if they could help. I gave them the part numbers and my address.This morning I get a response that they are working on the order from Canada problem, and they are shipping the parts to me for FREE. WOW.
So I guess my rant the other day was just a old mans frustration.
Customer service other than phone seems great.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
shum02 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Been some decent reviews on the Predator generators from Harbor Freight .

.........and some not so great ones if you go through their online reviews.

Same with everything, if you look . Where do you think Honda generators are built ??

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Been some decent reviews on the Predator generators from Harbor Freight .

.........and some not so great ones if you go through their online reviews.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman