Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Champion generator
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Champion generator

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
joegray

British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 2000 watt generator in 2016 to use in trailer and cabin. Well now the unit will not start with a no spark issue. I live in Canada so I phoned the number in the manual to get tech support and order parts,after 2 days of being on hold I gave up. Tried to order a new coil and parts on line at their web site, to order you have to log in. Tried that but the only two places they offer was U.S. and Puerto Rico. Phoned some local gen service people and all of them said Champion was the worst company to deal with,the dreaded one to come in for warranty. Makes me wonder if this is a disposable generator. Beware if you buy one of this companies units. Wish I’d bought a Honda or Yamaha. Sorry for the long rant but I’m really P——s. off.

2oldman

Mecca

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably should post in Tech

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure your experience with a Champion generator and the comments of “some local gen service people” warrants “Beware if you buy one of this companies units.”

I’ve had good experiences with this company’s equipment and people.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not many places want to deal with small generators and at the prices involved, it doesn't take much before it's not worth repairing.

This includes the Honda & Yamaha generators.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

RockyMt

Castle Rock Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never had a problem getting work/parts for Honda Generators.

Allworth

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found Champion parts on E-Bay.

Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
2008 Titanium 30E35SA; EZ-Lube axles; wet bolts; spring hanger gussetts; BFG Commercial TAs
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a bigger 9700 watt Champion and except for the fact it's noisy, it has been great. Bought it right when SuperStorm Sandy hit.
Every year power goes out at least for 4 or 5 days and it starts first time.

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 11:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Champion Power Equipment has their Cdn headquarters in Burlington Ontario.

I've emailed CS about a problem with my power washer and they set me up with a repair facility in Hamilton, sent parts from California for them to install under warranty. No issues with them at all.

Been very pleased with both a generator and powerwasher. Both over ten years old.

Maybe try emailing CS.

2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered a dual-fuel Champion from Costco. Used it on one trip and retirned it. First the charge port broke. I only ran it on propane for about two hours on the trip. I came home. Poured gas in.....The electric start no longer worked. Yes, the battery was fully charged (12.7v). Nothing. It wouldn't start. So, I tried pull starting it on propane. Nothing. An hour of frustration. I have a 16 year old Honda ie2000u. Starts on the first or second pull EVERY time. I took the Champion back and bought Honda eu3000i. I sold my 2000 yesterday to first person to call me. No squabbles about the price. They knew what they were getting....

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 02:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a dual fuel from Champion also. Works great, but I have only ran it on Propane. 3rd season now, no issues. I don't use it that much, but had 3 days where I had to use AC this last month so ran it pretty hard those days.

But, to the topic - I have a great service repair place near me. After I bought the Champion, was in there with a lawn trimmer. Asked them about Champion, said they won't touch them. Didn't have an answer as to where I could take it, but also haven't had issues so haven't tried.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Champion generator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.