cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Swapping out my jackknife sofa for recliners

Strador
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to put a 58" recpro power recliners in place of my jackknife sofa. The floor of my slide is made of Lauan. I know the recliners will fit in the space on the slide. What I don't know is if the Lauan is strong enough for me to secure the recliners? Anyone have experience with that?
5 REPLIES 5

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
I did much the same thing except I used the seat belts. Took out the male ended seat belts and used two female belts on both far sides of the Lazy-boys and used a ratchet strap to bring them together tight. This is the second MH I've done this and works well as long as you remember to fasten them before traveling. It dose make the chairs not usable while traveling.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
How about using a strap across both , anchored to 2 points , one on each side. That might offer you another point to secure them other than the thin luan.

That is exacle what we did. The recliners are so much better than the jack knife couch. It was a little hard for me to take the couch out as I am 82 yrs old but I got it done
samsontdog:o:W

Strador
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
How about using a strap across both , anchored to 2 points , one on each side. That might offer you another point to secure them other than the thin luan.

That's a good idea, I could use the existing bolts to secure the recliners.

Appreciate the input!!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
As we rebuild and renovate slowly, we're amazed how little is holding this rv together. I wouldn't worry but you can always lay down a board or a track to secure to, in addition to the flimsy base materials. We don't have any slides.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.