cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motor Home/Trailer Life Magazines Cease Publication

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
saw this in the local paper today. and a renewal notice for our subscription to MH magazine was just delivered in today's mail.

we've been subscribers to MH magazine since 1986. our current subscription runs through June of 2022. we'll have ample time to see what the new RV Magazine is about before deciding to continue subscribing.

-------------------
Camping World Holdings launches new website
source: https://www.dailyherald.com/business/20200908/camping-world-holdings-launches-new-website

LINCOLNSHIRE -- Camping World Holdings Inc. and Good Sam, the world's largest organization of recreational vehicle owners, Tuesday announced the launch of a new website, RV.com, supported by a new publication, RV Magazine.

RV.com and RV Magazine will offer readers exclusive product reveals and reviews for all RV types, top travel destinations, recipes, money saving ideas and trending products. New product innovations and solutions that are driving the industry will be spotlighted, along with safety tips for the outdoors.

"As the RV and outdoor industry continues its rapid growth, we are investing heavily in a full circle solution of content that enhances the lifestyle," said Marcus Lemonis, chairman and CEO of Camping World Holdings Inc.

The company also announced the retirement of its legacy print publications Trailer Life and MotorHome magazines with the December 2020 issues to focus its energy on the new magazine and enhanced website.

With over 2 million members, Good Sam is the world's largest RV membership organization. Founded in 1966 to help fellow RV travelers on the road, the Good Sam brand has been supporting and assisting RVers for more than 50 years.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle
10 REPLIES 10

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I still get the magazine. It is a quality publication. Every once in a while I spot something advertised I was looking for. News about rallies etc and you don't have to go on the net and deal with million intrusive ads and cookies..
Also new coaches in depth none or two models per issue.
I suspect the new mag will be 5055% advertising or more and only feature items, MHs and Towables, that sponsor and pay for advertising.
About to cut the cable because of this very same issue. Over the air has the same, and now Netflix is detestable. All the advertising s an irritant now everywhere.
The forums here are great generally but the pc is heavy, and no power no web, no access. This HP weighs about 10 lbs and not lap friendly and it gets hot.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I used to get the good Sam? Magazine. It was always filled with all the same stuff from MH and Trailer Life magazines. Although it was condensed. Maybe now it will be a better magazine with info for both driveable and towables! We will see!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suppose all good things come to an end sooner or later. Frankly, I feel that Trailer Life hawks Ford trucks and CW too much already. It would be nice to get an honest magazine with honest reviews. Won't hurt me to non renew if it turns into even more of a sales rag.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds more like the two magazines are being folded into a single new magazine.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how long it will be before they shut down this forum.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
craig7h wrote:
This seems like a good spot to add this. Received my Highway magazines the other day. Do you all remember when it was full of stories and great information. For me this last issue was just another extension of the advertising for CW.

We've been getting this thing all summer. This is just a flyer with a couple small articles, a new look, nothing more. It's taking the place of the old Camping World flyer.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Just received the new "magazine". It is more an advertising flyer than anything else.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
This seems like a good spot to add this. Received my Highway magazines the other day. Do you all remember when it was full of stories and great information. For me this last issue was just another extension of the advertising for CW.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

dedmiston
It's interesting to see Camping World launching a new magazine when publications are dying out, but I'm glad to see them capitalizing on the RVing boom.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
I assume then, anyone with a subscription for either magazine will automatically be switched over to the new magazine.

rk911 wrote:
saw this in the local paper today. and a renewal notice for our subscription to MH magazine was just delivered in today's mail.

we've been subscribers to MH magazine since 1986. our current subscription runs through June of 2022. we'll have ample time to see what the new RV Magazine is about before deciding to continue subscribing.

-------------------
Camping World Holdings launches new website
source: https://www.dailyherald.com/business/20200908/camping-world-holdings-launches-new-website

LINCOLNSHIRE -- Camping World Holdings Inc. and Good Sam, the world's largest organization of recreational vehicle owners, Tuesday announced the launch of a new website, RV.com, supported by a new publication, RV Magazine.

RV.com and RV Magazine will offer readers exclusive product reveals and reviews for all RV types, top travel destinations, recipes, money saving ideas and trending products. New product innovations and solutions that are driving the industry will be spotlighted, along with safety tips for the outdoors.

"As the RV and outdoor industry continues its rapid growth, we are investing heavily in a full circle solution of content that enhances the lifestyle," said Marcus Lemonis, chairman and CEO of Camping World Holdings Inc.

The company also announced the retirement of its legacy print publications Trailer Life and MotorHome magazines with the December 2020 issues to focus its energy on the new magazine and enhanced website.

With over 2 million members, Good Sam is the world's largest RV membership organization. Founded in 1966 to help fellow RV travelers on the road, the Good Sam brand has been supporting and assisting RVers for more than 50 years.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch