cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

External shower ==> Garden Hose

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
Apologies for an uber-lazy post; however, I can't quite picture the part I need.

I'd like to remove the shower head, and screw in something that would convert to a male garden hose fitting...

Just not quite sure what magical part will "imitate" the shower head and have pipe threads on the other end.

Would love to hear a story or two from folks who have done the same.

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
you better find a way to secure the hose to the rv by the faucet or you could break the plastic shower faucet off the rv if you yank on the hose.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the quickest way to adapt 1/2" NPT to garden hose:

Brass Male Garden Hose Thread-to-NPT Adapters
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just did a quick quick search for one and posted the first one I found. The one that I was looking at had a 15' coiled house (that is stored elsewhere, obviously) and had a garden hose sprayer like you said. That one came with one of the multi-pattern sprayers so you could have harder force for sand and a softer wider pattern for the rest of your body. It was $60 and still had plastic quick disconnects, so I am continuing my search.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
There is a kit that you can swap your outdoor shower head with a similar head with a quick disconnect for a hose fitting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3169US/ref=twister_B07RZ7966F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This is an all plastic one, I would probably look for one with brass fittings. I've been toying around with doing something like this. When we go to the beach we all shower off outside first. Our outdoor shower is right above the sewer pipe and the existing short hose doesn't give us much room to clean off.
That is very similar to what our Fuzion came with, the quick disconnect is a bit different, and the shower end is actually a garden hose fitting. So we just screwed on a garden hose sprayer. Works very well for washing off the sand.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a kit that you can swap your outdoor shower head with a similar head with a quick disconnect for a hose fitting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3169US/ref=twister_B07RZ7966F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This is an all plastic one, I would probably look for one with brass fittings. I've been toying around with doing something like this. When we go to the beach we all shower off outside first. Our outdoor shower is right above the sewer pipe and the existing short hose doesn't give us much room to clean off.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I slapped together a quick 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter using some CPVC parts I had in my spares stock. I mostly use it to feed the black tank flushing wand from the shower hose from time to time.

^^^***Like***^^^

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I slapped together a quick 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter using some CPVC parts I had in my spares stock. I mostly use it to feed the black tank flushing wand from the shower hose from time to time.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
If you're that lazy about it, forget the connectors; just use duct tape! ๐Ÿ˜„

Awesome suggestion! Now I can fill my water tank and not have to have hook ups ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for adding some fun!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
K3WE wrote:
Apologies for an uber-lazy post; however, I can't quite picture the part I need.
Thanks.

Very popular item
Shower head is 1/2 Inch NPT Most any hardware will have one

NOTE: the Shower HOSE may not properly screw into it and seat since it seats with a washer.. If that is the case I'll fix you up.

THe two items below are male and female on the pipe side

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/924651bd-fa5b-4fff-bc55-0e5f90cb68fb/svn/brass-everbilt-brass-fittings-801799-64_1000.jpg

https://www.grainger.com/product/4KG83?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-UeiOaEuTshd7WFs_wHFENB5LS3rlWa-jXCL7BPwF5c5Kx2jnH9QhNkaAkuYEALw_wcB&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-UeiOaEuTshd7WFs_wHFENB5LS3rlWa-jXCL7BPwF5c5Kx2jnH9QhNkaAkuYEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!264955916294!!!g!438970240505!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:HF8O8T:20500731

If hooking to the faucet the female to hose should work
If hooking to the hose try the male to hose and get a short double female (Collar that joins two pipes) you may also need another 1/2 inch rubber washer or 2 to make a good seal.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
If you're that lazy about it, forget the connectors; just use duct tape! ๐Ÿ˜„
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Usually shower heads (both handheld and wall mount) have 1/2" NPT threads. You probably need a 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter, which should be available at a home center, plumbing supply place, etc. At worst, you may have to combine a couple of fittings/adapters.

Wall-mount shower heads have female threads; handheld units have male threads, and the hose between them and the wall has female threads at either end. These are the standard attachments; I suppose it's possible your RV is different, but that would be somewhat unexpected.

Thank you! I was too chicken (and lazy) to believe it was just 0.5โ€
NPT...but now that I think about it...duh & LOL.

Thatโ€™s my one stupid lazy question for the year! ๐Ÿ™‚

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Usually shower heads (both handheld and wall mount) have 1/2" NPT threads. You probably need a 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter, which should be available at a home center, plumbing supply place, etc. At worst, you may have to combine a couple of fittings/adapters.

Wall-mount shower heads have female threads; handheld units have male threads, and the hose between them and the wall has female threads at either end. These are the standard attachments; I suppose it's possible your RV is different, but that would be somewhat unexpected.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
It would depend on what you have now, what kind of hose and fittings, shower head, etc. Our Fuzion came with a quick disconnect hose that had the hose fitting already attached.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"