cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric/non electric scooter?

Racin__Jason
Explorer
Explorer
My 10th wedding anniversary is coming up, and I was thinking about getting his/hers scooters as a gift for my wife and I. We are brand new to the camping/travel trailer world. If we're at an RV park and hooked up to a 30A service, can we simply plug the scooters into the RV outlet to charge them? My wife and I are both fit, so a non electric scooter would be fine too, but the times we've ridden the electric ones, we had a blast, so I was kind of leaning that direction. I'd appreciate any feedback. My weight 220 (and hopefully decreasing to 205), my wife is a lot lighter than me:)

Thanks!!
9 REPLIES 9

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer
Costco has a bike/electric on the shelves for $299.99. It will go 15 miles on a charge, and when you have discharged the electricity it has pedals.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 we take forthe kido and me. 1st, some places frown on it. 2nd you need paved roads they are not for offroad use. We stil take them and use if we can. Bikes work just as well. Im 225 and got the go track one on amazon. Decent for the $$$. They can go 15 mph on a flat, less up hill for the weight. Range about 15 miles less for the weoght so 10 to 12. Kido does fine with them. We charge them one at a time off the outside camper outlet. You could always just plug in to the pedistal.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I too vote for electric bikes rather than a scooter. Look at BikesDitect.com
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Racin__Jason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the replies!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Would suggest getting something that one can pedal without a motor or electric bikes that need to be pedaled to make the motor work like our ebikes. We put hundreds of miles on our Dahon foldup bikes when we had a sailboat. Much better for ones heart and circulation.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would expect you could just plug into the trailer (presumes you manage other heavy loads like air/con so as not to overload the pedestal).

Even electric cars can typically be charged from a standard 120v outlet (all be it slowly)...but I would expect a scooter battery to be so small as to be a non-issue in terms of charge time.

You may find a few issues though:
- Some campgrounds prohibit motorcycle usage within the park road system and scooters (gas or electric) would likely be included.
- Some campgrounds charge extra if you have an electric golf cart...often it's way more than the actual cost of power used. I would expect if they caught you with electric scooters they would charge similarly.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you can but consider that some campgrounds have rules regarding what can be used as transportation on their roads.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I have a honda scooter and I never take it when we go away. Many parks don't want gas motors. We do always take our bikes. Electric bike or electric scooter gets my vote.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you can plug into the RV outlets.
Why not consider electric bicycles, you can pedal or use the electric motor?