cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th week hitches

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Are 5th wheel hitches universal. Can I tow a friends 5th wheel trailer with my own 5th. wheel hitch and not do any damage to my hitch.
5 REPLIES 5

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, you're posting in tt
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
You will also want to make sure your hitch is rated high enough to accommodate the weight of you friends 5th wheel.
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Better off posting this in the 5th wheel forum.

5th wheel hitches are not all universal.

PullRite Supergilde auto sliding hitch has a capture attached plate. This doesn't allow a std 5th wheel hitch to hook up with the pin.

And some 5th wheel trailers may be set up with the Andersen or PullRites GN ball type hitch.

Most likely if you have a std pin type hitch and your friends trailer has the std 5th wheel rv type pin box then it should hook up.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you can tow another type of 5th wheel with your hitch. Just make sure you have enough bed rail clearance and if you are towing a long distance it needs to be level.

The only one I can think of that would be a problem is a pin used for an auto slider hitch. Then you would have to remove the pin adapter but this is not likely.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

YES..

** As long as the trailer does not have a capture plate for a Superglide...

The "King Pin " is standard and can be towed by a commercial truck as well.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet