cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tradewinds 2001 model 7390

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
My MH has been sitting for about 7 months and today I fired her up with no problems. I have a question on the Freedom Remote Control Panel. As long as I'm plugged into shore power it is lit up showing battery state, DV Volts, DC Amps and incoming AC Breaker Amps, but when I shut down the shore power it shows nothing. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Sorry but it's been awhile since I've used her.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am
12 REPLIES 12

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, when I plugged her in after I got back from the shop I lost half my power. I unplugged her and fired up the good ole Genny. Everything was working even the residential fridge. I took a walk around the neighborhood to cool down and when I got home I pulled the 50 amp cable so I could check the male plug. BINGO, had a couple of loose wires in the male end. Gonna go get a new plug tomorrow.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh Happy Days, Inverter and Remote panel are good to go. Yipee, soon to be On The Road Again.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Remote Panel does lite up when I push the Invert button with no shore power. I had a new inverter installed back in Jan, so today I'm taking her in to make sure every thing was connected and turned on correctly.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Taking her in this morning to have everything checked out. Thanks for all the replies.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 99 Tradewinds and had a similar problem after having some service done on my unit. I found a cable had not been reconnected and had nothing showing when I got off shore power. After checking battery water and charge on each battery, check to see that the cables are on correctly and tight. If you are not sure of cable hookup, check google, utube for help. Happy travels. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
SGTJOE wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:
Check your battery voltage off the batteries.

My 6v GC2 batteries are reading 6.4 and 6.3 I have 4 and that is what they are reading

Reading the CORRECT Posts at the batteries should yield 12.6/8 volts. EACH 6 volt battery will read what you posted. I would say you have connected the 4 batteries incorrectly and are NOT providing 12 volts to the RV as required. Hence, your Xantrex panel does NOT read. Doug

MrWizard
6.3-4v per battery across one pair of battery posts,
That's 12.6 to 12.8 per pair and OK

But 6.4v. From ground to main positive
Means the batteries are dead

Main ground to main positive for the RV is 12.8 for full charge,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
SGTJOE wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:

My 6v GC2 batteries are reading 6.4 and 6.3 I have 4 and that is what they are reading

Read Doug's post if you have not. Also run the trouble shooting in the manual.

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
MountainAir05 wrote:

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
cavie wrote:
turn your battery disconnect on.

Will NOT affect Inverter display function. The Inverter is connected DIRECT to the coach batteries as is the Display panel to the Inverter. His batteries are dead or DRY. The display will hibernate after a few minutes. But if the display goes OFF as soon as he disconnects 120 power, he has battery problems. Doug

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
turn your battery disconnect on.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II