cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2Toad rver.

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Not a post about toads so much but how lifestyles can change.
My DW has hated the mini van that i leased 2.5 years ago she says it was too big. I have a Chevy HHR ( 2nd one ) that has been our toad. I like the little car. I started looking for a Taad thinking I would sell the HHR as I thought I might be under water if I dumped the Pacifica 6 months early. Well I found a 2016 low miles Cadillac SRX at a great price. I asked the dealer about the Pacifica and he threw a number at me that would clear the lease for more than the pay off. long story short I traded the Pacifica for the SRX and bought it outright with no more lease or payment. I am going to get the base plate installed on the SRX and also keep the little HHR to drive around here and to tow on our adventures that we don't need the nice car for. It will also let us tow the Caddy to the snowbird destination and other trips where we want a little nicer car. Life is good and at least for now the 2 toads seem like a workable plan. BTW I have the RVI 3 brake so easy to switch back and forth. Using my stimulus check to keep some RV parts and installers employed.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)
7 REPLIES 7

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
ArchHoagland wrote:
My daughter has a SRX

Dealer just recently told her she needs new electric shocks. $5,000. I told her keep going on the old ones!!

You can buy all 4 struts / shocks for around $1200 on Rockauto. AC Delco brand.

$3800 in labor. Really ?

And you know the dealer doesn’t pay that much for those parts.

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
We had two frogs. A Mustang convertible and a Suburban. Life was great
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Spare tires were an option on the SRX and some folks did not want to pay for that opiton. I have a spare and have never used it.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
MetalGator wrote:
Until recently, we had 2 Toads. I have a 2 door Jeep Wrangler and the wife had a 4 door Wrangler. I had them both setup for towing. Sometimes it was nice to have the bigger Jeep, especially when one of our nieces came with us.

The wife recently traded in her 2014 Wrangler on a new 2020 4 door Wrangler. I am debating on wether to get it setup to tow.

Wow sorry to hear about your daughters problems sounds like a not so happy camper. I actually have a small spare to carry in the bay of the MH. when not pulling we have the Res Q Pro for an incident locally that comes with the car. As far as shocks wow that is a big price hope I don't have that problem,
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We also have two toads, sometimes we want the pickup and sometimes a car. It all depends on where we are going.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Until recently, we had 2 Toads. I have a 2 door Jeep Wrangler and the wife had a 4 door Wrangler. I had them both setup for towing. Sometimes it was nice to have the bigger Jeep, especially when one of our nieces came with us.

The wife recently traded in her 2014 Wrangler on a new 2020 4 door Wrangler. I am debating on wether to get it setup to tow.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter has a SRX.

They blew a tire and the wheel got damaged...guess what, the SRX donesn't come with a spare.

They spent two days at a motel waiting for a new tire and wheel as they were about 100 miles from home when it happened.

Dealer just recently told her she needs new electric shocks. $5,000. I told her keep going on the old ones!!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes