cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 Allergo 32 BA Wipers

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wipers quit working, I have checked the plug-in with a test light with the key in the run/power position & wiper switch in the run position, there isn't any power at the plug-in, also nothing happens when I push the window wash button on the wiper switch...I am guessing the switch is bad...anyone have any other thoughts on what the problem could be?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
13 REPLIES 13

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd go through each fuse one by one. Never hurts to check.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all your help Doug...But I have found the problem this unit doesn't have a control module...but does have two fuse panels one on the firewall & one on the top of the dash. The one on top of the dash has a 20 amp fuse which was good...but the one on the firewall has a 15 amp fuse which was bad..this fuse only has a # was a pain to locate the #...but all is working now...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I followed the wire from the switch to the big wire harness & from the motor to the big wire harness & there isn't control module on this RV for the wipers. It has been suggested that computer may have lost it's memory & needs to be replaced or re-flashed, so I guess the next step is a trip Red Bay, Al. and let them fix it...thanks for your help.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
haste maker wrote:
My switch is on the steering column it is a combination wiper/washer/turn signal/high beam switch...I have the fuse on top of the dash & it has a fuse marker wiper & that fuse is good.

THAT should have the Wiper control module. When you follow the harness connected to the wiper motor, does the harness go to a module? The older Fords may have the module on the outside of the firewall. Doug

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
My switch is on the steering column it is a combination wiper/washer/turn signal/high beam switch...I have the fuse on top of the dash & it has a fuse marker wiper & that fuse is good.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ON the switch you replaced, one of the wires should be HOT when Key is ON. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Usually the Wiper fuse is NOT in the FORD fuse box, but the added fuse box by Tiffin. Do you have the removable lid on top the dash behind the Instrument cluster? Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
haste maker wrote:
Doug..I didn't find a wiper control module in my unit, I checked with a Ford dealer & they said it was an Allergo item, so I called Tiffin & was told by the service dept. that my unit didn't have wiper control module ? I have replaced the switch & checked all the fuses...all were good...I also ran a hot wire from the battery to the motor & it ran....Thanks for your help.

Is your switch mounted in the dash front or on the Turn signal? If Dash, does it have the center knob for OFF and Wiper speeds and the outer ring for the timing of the Intermittant? Doug

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doug..I didn't find a wiper control module in my unit, I checked with a Ford dealer & they said it was an Allergo item, so I called Tiffin & was told by the service dept. that my unit didn't have wiper control module ? I have replaced the switch & checked all the fuses...all were good...I also ran a hot wire from the battery to the motor & it ran....Thanks for your help.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
Class A Ford Wiper control module is located on the firewall between the steering column and the Gas pedal. Doug

Will look similiar to this.

https://www.forddiscountparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wiper-control-module-9e5z14b205a?origin=pla&gclid=E...

Thanks didn't know there was a control module..
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Class A Ford Wiper control module is located on the firewall between the steering column and the Gas pedal. Doug

Will look similiar to this.

https://www.forddiscountparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wiper-control-module-9e5z14b205a?origin=pla&gclid=E...

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
MountainAir05 wrote:
Do you have power to the switch.

Google this "Ford RV wiper fuse location"

Yes..but after checking with a new switch & still nothing...not sure about power to the switch...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have power to the switch.

Google this "Ford RV wiper fuse location"