cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv ???? Just seeking answers??? Confused!!

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
I have read all the past posts / comments about what is going on with the Directv SD programming.. It is like watching the evening news.. What do you believe?? I have the Winegard Carryout Dish and a Directv H22 receiver that I use in the trailer every time we go out.. Have been hearing over the past few years / months that SD is ending but some HD programming will still be available on the 101 Satellite using the Carryout dish .. My H22 is HD capable so I thought I was OK for the immediate future.. Planning on a winter trip south and don't want the hassle of having to change systems / providers while on the go.. ANYONE KNOW THE REAL STORY on what ATT / DTV is going to do? Stores are still selling the Winegard Directv SD capable antennas?? Streaming is not an option as cell service is not available in about 75% of the places we camp at!
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only news is that ATT/DTV has announced the sunset of ALL SD programming. The problem is that they keep moving the date and they may or may not ever end the service. Just be aware that if they do, despite having an HD receiver, you will only receive the limited number of channels that will be broadcast from the 101 satellite and you will never be able to receive anything from 99 and 103.
This was supposed to happen about a year ago and then they moved the date to August 2020 but as of today, nothing has changed.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think your kinda stuck with the gamble. Will it be seamless for you to hd .. maybe , will directv disappear . Unlikely. Will it be sold? .. likely As they are actively looking but A long process And if combined with dish Will require an even longer approval process.
Iโ€™d just roll the dice unless you already of a mind to switch.
Bill

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to say, but I think I'd just wait for an announcement from DTV themselves, or, change over to HD now. You'll like it much better.

Who knows, SD may just up and disappear without any warning.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman