cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freedom Remote Control Panel

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II

This is in my 2001 National Tradewinds and was wondering if it is supposed to light up when I'm not connected to power (50amp) It does light up when I'm plugged into shore power. The picture is of the Freedom Remote Control Panel
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am
17 REPLIES 17

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had her checked out this morning, everything good to go.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the help folks. So Gary I owe you a drink of your choice
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
you want it completely off when not connected to shore power and not using the inverter so it will not drain your batteries yes off is good when not using it

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay so I'm good, right? With the invert button off and no shore power it's okay for the remote panel to be completely off?
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
if the invert button is on it should be showing battery amps,volts and supplying power to your outlets if its not showing anything with the inverter on there is something wrong i had bad connections in my remote panel on my xantrex or could be bad connections with the wiring to the remote panel

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
shastagary wrote:
So if the panel doesn't show any thing on with no shore power and the invert button is off then I'm good?

that means it is shut down and should not be drawing power from your battery or supplying power to your outlets.

Okay, so that means that my remote panel not displaying anything with no shore power or the invert on is okay?
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
So if the panel doesn't show any thing on with no shore power and the invert button is off then I'm good?

that means it is shut down and should not be drawing power from your battery or supplying power to your outlets.

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
shastagary wrote:
from the manual
The LED bar graphs on the remote control panel show battery voltage and DC current in both inverter and charger modes

so it lights up when you have shore power or you push the invert button to turn on the inverter that's it.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
from the manual
The LED bar graphs on the remote control panel show battery voltage and DC current in both inverter and charger modes

so it lights up when you have shore power or you push the invert button to turn on the inverter that's it.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
On shore power you should have the charger part enabled and 12v for those things that need that.

No shore power, now you are on battery for all 12v including for the inverter.

So is there some disconnect so you are not on inverter at all with no shore power? Or is it just the remote that doesn't work, but you are still getting 120v from the inverter to run 120v things and 12v from battery to run those other things?
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Appreciate that but my Inverter is a Xantrex Freedom 458 series. And yes I have the books, just not smart enough to understand them.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

phays
Explorer
Explorer
SGTJOE
I've got a Freedom 25 Inverter/Charger with a Link 2000 controller in my motorhome. I've also have copies of the owner's manuals. If you have the same let me know and I can email you a copy.

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
did you not read the responses on your other post in Motorhome forum? Doug

Yes I did, but no one answered my question. The remote panel inside lights up showing charging, volts etc when I am plugged into shore power. But is does not light up if I shut down shore power. Is this the way it works or do I have a problem.

So I thought if I came over to Tech issues I would get a better answer.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am