cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valley weight distribution hitch?

Kelpike
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking to purchase a weight distribution hitch, however, funds are a little tight right now. I was considering the HF unit which is roughly $210 minus 20% with their coupon. It had good reviews but I was still leary about it. I purchased this Valley Industries hitch which came up on CL for $100. I figured I'd rather have a better brand used than a cheaper one used. Its hard to find info about Valley Industries online. Is this made by someone else or is there one I can compare it to?

7 REPLIES 7

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
That type hitch is just fine. If you’re worried about quality, which is legit, see what the Eaz-Lift would cost. If you don’t have a whole lot of tongue weight go for the Valley.

Kelpike
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Hard to find information on Valley Industries online?

https://www.etrailer.com/manufacturer-Valley.aspx

It is a subsidiary of Thule.

I did come across that but I mean its hard to find technical information about their products.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hard to find information on Valley Industries online?

https://www.etrailer.com/manufacturer-Valley.aspx

It is a subsidiary of Thule.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use it and feel good about the dough you saved.

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Of course it will be fine. I would venture that most trailers on the road today have a bargain basement WDH on them.
Towed with one for 30 years and never felt the need for anything more expensive,(better?).
In a few minutes someone will be along to spend your money on their preferred expensive band aid for a poorly set up or matched rig.
Then some one else will warn that bananas will not work on a 30 amp system.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
If you know that your tongue weight is 801 to 1200 lbs, you should be fine. It is best to weigh it and not go by published numbers. HF has a sway control bar if you want to add that.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's just your basic bar and chain WD hitch setup.. It works well and I've been using an EAZ-Lift brand for almost 20 years now and It been fine for me..

It does everything a WD hitch is supposed to do... Which is 'distribute weight'

from the rear to the front of the tow vehicle.

All the "sway control" stuff is all fine and dandy for sure..

But, have a properly setup rig and this kind of WD will work fine..

I know I'll catch heck saying it, but for me, it works just fine.. 🙂

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.