cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert screen door opener to Dexter screen door UPDATE

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hey guys, I have been searching for anyone who might have done this mod. I bought one of the plastic sliding Lippert screen door openers. I want to adapt this to my Dexter screen door. I seem to remember someone talking about doing this in the past. I have searched and can't find anything about it. Maybe I am remembering wrong or just using the wrong search term. Wouldn't be the first time. Thanks, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
8 REPLIES 8

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those only fit the Lippert doors, that's why he had to modify it to fit the Dexter door.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
If it's like this link I just bought one at a local RV shop for $25, they had it in stock. Must be something breaks regular to have it in stock.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I got my door mod done. It really wasn't all that difficult. Hardest part was finding something to extend the post that actually engages the screen door opener, Ended up using part of a ink pen that I had laying around. I should have placed some tape over the Plexiglas as I got a few scratches on it from the table saw. Here are a couple of pics.

B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
shadows4 wrote:
Yes, the round sliding thingy!!! I bought the lippert one and it is to small for my door. I am going to try to adapt it to my door. I did find some similar posts on the Forest River forums. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks.
Yeah, let me know if you come up with something. I bought one, but have no idea where it is now since it wouldn't fit my door.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
Buy 1/16" thick starboard at Tap's plastic and cut to fit.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe something Like This
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, the round sliding thingy!!! I bought the lippert one and it is to small for my door. I am going to try to adapt it to my door. I did find some similar posts on the Forest River forums. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks.
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you talking about the sliding inserts with the thing attached that opened the screen door? I wanted one for our door but they didn't make that size. I never could figure out why they didn't. Are they still making them?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"