cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to sell a Toad

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a website that is ideal for selling a vehicle set up as a dinghy or is craigslist it? I hoped to find someone interested in the vehicle with brake system, towbar, etc.

Thanks for the input.
6 REPLIES 6

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
FB, CL, Offer up
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Facebook has a page for selling tow vehicles and it's free. I just listed my beautiful car thre. The car is ready to hook up, and needs nothing.
RV Tow Dollies/TOADS/Dinghys/ FOR SALE IN THE USA
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I called a couple of RV dealerships nearby and asked if they knew of anyone looking for a toad, set-up. I sold one that way.

FMCA used to have a section to list them in, don't know if they still do.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input, mowermech. Yup, I keep record of TOWED mileage....which affects brakes, tires, etc....so yes, it will be put in add as well.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
I agree about the mileage. I track all my fuels and mileage in an excel spreadsheet, including the towed miles, so its easy to demonstrate the actual driven miles, and the actual MPG.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, craigslist is your best bet. Be sure your ad is very detailed, and put lots of pictures in it. While it is true that ALL RVers do not browse CL, many do.
Another possibility is Facebook Marketplace. Again, be very detailed in your ad, and post pictures.
RV Trader is another place to look.
IMO, you should be honest about the odometer mileage not being the actual miles on the vehicle. Tell prospective buyers about the towed miles.
Good luck.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"