cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CSA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
None of us should support the snowbird org. They should be lobbying for an open border. They have done nothing. In a July newsletter they said the border was open. In the q&a section they continue to give wrong answers to questions. Horrible org.
20 REPLIES 20

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
moisheh wrote:
Just how does a border closed into the usa prevent an outbreak in Canada? Why is it possible for anyone to fly into the US ?

Pretty simple, they canโ€™t deny a Cannuckistanian re-entry, even after cavorting around in a hotspot with no regard for safety, theirs or anyone elseโ€™s. someone comes home infected and the spread is happening fast. Look at the past in the Maritimes, a health care worker goes to Quebec and boom, thereโ€™s a spike in infections.

Flying? No different than max. of 10 people (in Ontario) at an unregulated indoor social gathering but 50 in a bar is OK, the difference is a responsible owner with their liquor license on the line.

Iโ€™ve been back and forth across the border more than a dozen times since April, and will be back in the US early next week again. No problem, no worries. Itโ€™s all about the accountability.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Just how does a border closed into the usa prevent an outbreak in Canada? Why is it possible for anyone to fly into the US ?

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
sljohnson1938 wrote:
moisheh wrote:
None of us should support the snowbird org. They should be lobbying for an open border. They have done nothing. In a July newsletter they said the border was open. In the q&a section they continue to give wrong answers to questions. Horrible org.

what is the CSA ????????

Sorry to disagree, but why would the CANADIAN Snowbird Association lobby for an open border when COVID19 is out of control in certain parts of the USA. As a Canadian, I am totally in agreement in keeping the border closed for now.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
:B :B :B

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
magicbus wrote:
Darryl&Rita wrote:
The border isn't truly closed, only the land crossings. Want to go south, get on a plane. Get the facts.
I can't imagine the up-charge for putting your RV in an overhead compartment.

Dave

The trick is getting a seat on the proper plane ......... LMAO

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Magicbus wrote:

....it must be enormous! Bring a suitcase full of cash to pay it :B
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Darryl&Rita wrote:
The border isn't truly closed, only the land crossings. Want to go south, get on a plane. Get the facts.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian snowbird org

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:

what is the CSA ????????
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Speaking of extensions, the CBSA has also (very quietly) extended the long-standing 60(ish) day window for Canadians to bring a US plated vehicle into Canada.

I received a notice that didn't say when the new deadline is, just a generic "A new deadline for when these vehicles will need to be exported or permanently imported with applicable duties and tax will follow.".

Film at 11.....

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Csa could be in financial difficulties. They rely on insurance commissions for much of their income. I too noticed that the web site is dead

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh wrote:

Good morning all.

Moisheh, funny you should mention that! I have been looking at the CSA, and following them since January (we were already locking ourselves down, so to speak, practicing social distancing in Florida by early January!).

I see some very hard "pitches" for covid-related travel insurance throughout CSA's site, but curiously, there is nothing in Bird Talk but topics nearly 2 months ago, from July 22 (!!!) extoling the virtues of Medipac....nothing on if you buy it, where will you use it ?

Don't get me wrong; I applaud Medipac for being outstanding among travel insurances offering covid travel insurance, however, I see nothing and no discussions from snowbirds after July 22nd on the elephant in the room: traveling to the US this winter by road ?? And, nothing about how the CSA is (or isn't) lobbying on the behalf of snowbirds....

Also, as far as I can find, RVnet is the only really "substantive" snowbird Forum on the Net...it caters to both Canadian and US snowbirds. No Forum specifically for Canadian snowbirds. Our US brethren using this site have to put up with us Canadians dominating the snowbird discussion(s) :B
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
moisheh wrote:
They should be lobbying for an open border.

As an advocate group for us snowbirds I would think having our best interest in mind should be their priority. At the moment, given the vast spread in infection rates, a closed border IS in our best interest.

Of course thereโ€™s always the ones that would prefer personal comfort and self interest over the greater good.

Kind of like the law abiding citizens, as long as those laws are convenient..........